can tavares lead his team to a cup?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by dougm, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

if you want a darkhorse to ride in the Stanley cup, I give you the ny islanders. they are the last team I want to face right now. jt is on fire.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Oh no you did not. No you ****ING DID NOT! :frusty:

3. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Roy just creamed his pants......thanks Doug

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

oh c'mon, get real guys. truth is right now the isles are playing great right now.

5. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Wow! Roy just creamed his pants for a second time within a half hour......who'd known?

6. Wings-4-Life

If they finish 7th or 8th it's going to be a very short stay for them.

7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

remember the la kings

8. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

Dude.....that's 3 times now.....who would ever think Roy was a machine? LOL

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

the question is did they peak too soon?
    they to get to the cup would have to deal with the just as hot capitals and a penguins team thats just about healthy and ready to cruise though the playoffs IMO

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

The Isles are playing well, and betting they hold onto 6.

Maybe they even catch the Laffs for 5......Isles have three games against bottom feeders to close it out. Laffs have two against bottom feeders and then MTL.....gonna be a nifty finish.

If 6, I guess flip a coin between them and the Caps.....that'd be a fun series.

If 5, dunno if they get past NE-2.....I guess you'd probably rather draw Canadiens than Bruins if you have a choice.....

11. Wings-4-Life

If they finish 6th, they have a chance. That 3 seed is usually mediocre at best anyway.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

i dont think the islanders have the goal tending to go all the way
    its nabakov i think his previous playoff stats speak for themselves
    right drew

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Well, the three seed has seventh place points despite repeated opportunity to beat up on the patheticness that is the SE.

That said, 9-1 in last 10, and big wins against two playoff teams last week......Dunno if I'd want 'em in the first round.

14. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

ok, nabi is no quick.....but that team moves the puck out of their zone so well, maybe i'm overating the nyi because the flyers were so bad at doing what they do so well.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2013
  15. Wings-4-Life

Should also be noted the Capitals are 13-3 in their last 16.... so if the Islanders get them it's not going to be fun.

16. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I don't need to read about anyone jizzing in their pants while eating my Five Guys burger at the moment. Thanks, guys :doh:

And for what it's worth, I want the Leafs to finish 6th or worse just so they don't have to play the Bruins in the first round.

17. Sniderfan

Sniderfan New Member

.....and what do you think Five Guys special sauce is made of? Give ya a hint.....5 guys "came" up with it.........did you lose your burger yet? LOL

18. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I didn't have any special sauce put on my burger :)

I only ate half of it since I'm still getting over a nasty cold and have no appetite for the most part if you really must know.

Now, back on topic! :focus:

It'll be pretty crazy if Detroit misses the playoffs.

19. RockyNY

RockyNY New Member

WOW.... seriously, WOW!!!!

I said FIRST PLACE NEW YORK ISLANDERS earlier this season and only to get people ride on me with negativity.

Now Islanders may finished 2nd place in Atlantic Division. Prolly 5th or 6th in the Eastern Conference.

Do you know why?

Thats because, SIX MONTHS AGO, when Islanders made it official that they are moving to Brooklyn, with the Brooklyn Good Luck Charm, they have been on fire. Players NOW know that they will stay in the state of NEW YORK and play in the brand new state of the art arena in Brooklyn not old barn dump in Nassau Coliseum. They know Nassau County Government can act like CLOWN for allowing Islanders to leave.

It does show that players want to stay here so they need to play well in order to be part of THE BROOKLYN TEAMS. Look at Brooklyn Nets, for example. Last season, Nets missed the playoff with 22-44 record and now, they made it with 49-33 record. They are 4th seed team in Eastern Conference in the NBA Playoff.

Its all about the Brooklyn Charm that both Nets and Islanders have it. Look at Brooklyn Cyclones, for making the playoff, in 9 out of past 12 seasons. Like I stated, its all about the Brooklyn Charm.

Had Wings move to Barclays Center, maybe, MAYBE, Wings would finally win NLL Championship, after all. :-D

Roy

20. reidjr

reidjr New Member

The play offs are a whole different thing if i am a top team the Islander are on my wish list for a 1st round match up in part the lack of play off experence plus they have been pushing so hard the last month.