1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't get to the forum from ilindoor main page anymore?

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by BlackWolves99, Dec 7, 2016.

1. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

So nice update with the new insidelacrosse website and all but at the moment there is no link to this forums on the main website. You can get to the insidelacrosse forum but not the ilindoor forum. Shouldn't they both be linked in some way and shouldn't they both be listed on the website and not just the one?

2. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

I notice this as well, it is annoying. I would always read the items on the main site and then click the link to the forums. Now there is much more juggling.

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This website has been on a steady decline for about 5 years now.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

So that's when you joined?

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

dear nick the commish;
    inside lacrosse has virtually orphaned us. either you fix this or go to another platform. there are no links on new inside lacrosse website that point to this, your forum of record, or to the nll insider section. I get that there are bugs in any new roll out, but for someone so concerned about your digital footprint, about making inroads into the lacrosse community, about trying to expand American participation, right now your efforts are being negated.

RockStar likes this.
  6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Only 5 years? More like since 2008 to be honest.

7. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Things went downhill once inside lacrosse got involved.

8. AmericanRockFan

Pretty much. That's when this board had a mass exodus.

9. swami24

Was it the board management, or the mass exodus of interest in the league, as it wussified? I think it more how pansy assed the game became

10. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

Well, the level of discourse certain justifies this place's continued existence. :rolleyes:

11. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Too many other places to post half-informed amateur opinions about NLL and box lacrosse. Also, most of the other places are more phone and tablet friendly.

12. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I always just go to this site directly but I see what everyone is talking about. Maybe someone or something wants this board to die a slow death?

I see IL Indoor finally re-did their website and made it readable again. That last iteration was absolutely horrible.

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  13. roadrunner

roadrunner Member

After about a week I finally found you guys again.

14. swami24

How hard could.it be?

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

This place became quite a shitfest in 2008 and that caused many to leave.
    1. Wings crashed and burned after what was looking like a very promising season.
    2. Buffalo eventually won.
    3. All the bullshit about the election. Keep in mind also, the 2008 season was the season that was messed up because of the canceled season at first. Then, at the end of the year, besides Obama, we had The Great Recession. A lot of people had a lot more on their minds then wasting time at a message board.

16. AmericanRockFan

Maybe both, but I think it was when the board got sold in late 2007 and Facebook's emergence as being not just for college kids anymore that led to this board's demise.

Personally, I was most active on here in 2006 when I joined, then from 2010-2013 or so. Though I still pop in rather frequently during lacrosse season since it's a good spot to get news I wouldn't find otherwise.

17. swami24

Guys like RA and wings fan in MA did leave once the board was,sold, because they felt censorship would happen.

I think you really hit it with the other technologies. Boards like this compete with Twitter, Facebook, etc.

18. AmericanRockFan

To be honest, if I had a Facebook I might not post on here as much. The only social media I use regularly is Twitter.

19. swami24

I use neither.... but I'm old.

20. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

Apparently there is still no link. I just noticed this today when I tried to come here without a bookmark or a link from an email. I had to dig up an old email to navigate back to the boards.

So without a link from the website to this forum, it will never get any new members/posters. wtf?