Canucks to purchase Stealth?

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BIG E NY, Jun 18, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I think there's a better chance of Vancouver getting an MLB team than an NBA team.

2. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Well-Known Member

One of the biggest takes I got from this is the rebranding. I think it is an under appreciated move. "Stealth" has been snake bitten for most of it's existence. Happy to see that happening. Hope the don't do something silly like Vancouver Vengeance or something along those lines.

Big news though, very exciting. have to think that the continued success of Calgary and Sask has made an impact on this decision.

3. MILLwasbetter

Did not realize the Stealth we in the LEC for 5 years. Where the hell does time go?

4. AmericanRockFan

I feel like the last 6-7 years of this league has morphed into one giant year or two for me.

If they bring back the Ravens name, I'll buy a t-shirt or a jersey. I won't be a fan of the team, but it'll be nice to have a small piece of the high school era of my lacrosse fandom back in my life.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Remember Seattle is getting a NHL franchise in a year or two..

6. MILLwasbetter

Same. The ravens logo was badass. They could probably just use the head of the raven now and it would be perfect. I wonder if they will go after something edgy and gimmicky or if they will try to class it up with some traditional unis. Jerseys and branding are a huge factor that the league didn't really take seriously for a long time. If you want the league to be taken seriously, you need to look the part. Some teams are still missing the mark here, even after nailing it. Rochester had classy threads, best in the league and I hate their colors, but they looked professional and big time, now I'm not sure what they're doing. Swarm were great prior to the honeycomb yokes. Read a post about how the swarm could have just kept their stripes, and had the honeycomb outline in blue on their white jersey, and in yellow on the blue jersey. That would have been really cool. There are others missing the mark. I am an avid jersey and logo nut, I know not everyone is, sorry for pressing the topic in here.

7. Oh my gosh, I would rather WE get Andrew McBride here in Calgary (considering he is a local boy now) and send Malawsky and McMahon out there. Would love to see a coaching change Calgary way. The West Division is gonna be tougher with more teams now, and we only squeaked into playoffs this year thanks to the Stealth.

8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Well, you are getting an expansion team which (in theory) should make for additional wins. And if the Canucks don't make alot of changes in the Stealth organization, maybe they're not much of a threat.

9. MILLwasbetter

Vancouver had a shoulder patch which was just the raven head.

Attached Files:

10. AmericanRockFan

Those black Ravens jerseys make me wanna [​IMG]

RockyMaivia and MILLwasbetter like this.