Cards or Steelers????????

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by Hopkins45, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Hopkins45

Hopkins45 New Member

Ya, Ya, I'm sure this is a superbowl that not many people care about, But still have to ask Cards or Steelers- who are you rooting for? I'm kind on the fence with this one. The only reason I would root for the Steelers is because alot of my firends are Steeler fans, but I can't help liking the Cards. I'll probably be pulling for the Cards!

2. ThunderTim

ThunderTim New Member

Steelers

Even though they are our divisional rivals I want to see them win. I have a lot of respect for this team. Plus I can't stand Kurt Warner and his wife which makes it even easier.

3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

even though i dont really care about this superbowl
    i want warner to get his second ring

he battled back to top he deserves it

4. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

Rooting for Steelers, expect Cards to win.

5. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Well, I'll probably miss this SuperBowl because my work shift begins at 1AM Monday, so I'll probably be asleep during the game. Even more so, because this Super Bowl seems uninteresting.

I'm not so much for the Cardinals as I am against the Steelers. It's a rarity that I'm against the AFC team, but I have no love for the Steelers.

I would like to see Kurt Warner get another ring, though. Ironically, if he did, it would be with his second "St. Louis" team since the Cards used to be in St. Louis (and Chicago before that). I believe Warner would be the only quarterback to have won two Super Bowls with two different teams, let alone teams from opposite conferences.

I predict a blow-ooot for Pittsburgh.

6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Cards. Steelers fans make me puke.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Steelers because I want to see if Kurt Warner credits God and Jesus Christ for the loss. :drunk:

8. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Tough call. Amazing how people hate on someone who has had such a positive influence on most everyone aroud them, just see what any of his teammates say about him.

I respect Kurt Warner and would like to see him be the first to lead a team to two Super Bowl titles. I also really respect Mike Tomlin. Both have outstanding stories. Tomlin has such a fantastic old school approach and intensity. He came from an incredibly tough situation, and has make a huge impact as a coach at a young age.

I'm pretty torn, but leaning toward the Steelers.

9. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

I'm rooting for the final score that will allow me to win the block pool at work. :D

10. ThunderTim

ThunderTim New Member

I don't know I'd like to hear what his ex-teammates have to say about him when his wife whined about him being replaced and called his coach a liar.

11. Ifireun

Ifireun New Member

SIX PACK of LOMBARDI TROPHIES

STEELERS [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  12. sjwingsfan77

sjwingsfan77 New Member

Go Cardinals Pat Tillman is one of my hero's

13. couts71

couts71 Member

Cards, but i think defence wins Superbowls so it will probably be the Steelers

14. hawksfan

hawksfan New Member

Cardinals. I think the Steelers will win and won't mind if they do but I'd love to see the NFC and Kurt Warner take another one.

15. C-Murder

C-Murder Member

Steelers and take Polamalu +1800 for Super Bowl MVP:cool:

16. The_Philster

The_Philster New Member

ditto on both counts. The Steelers may have one of the most diehard fan bases in the NFL, but it's also one of the most obnoxious

17. KrazyKewl

KrazyKewl New Member

I haven't been able to watch any games this season but, I'll go with the underdog here.
    Cardinals with the win.

18. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

From a Nov 18 article in a Arizona paper:

There have been tough times in Arizona, too. In 2006, Warner was benched after five games for another first-round pick, Matt Leinart, and in 2007, Leinart was the starter until suffering an injury in the fifth game.

Warner never hid his unhappiness after each benching, including one in St. Louis in 2003. But he never let a controversy develop, and he always supported his replacement.

"He knew he could go in there and play well and play at a high level," Manning said. "It was just circumstances where they drafted me and wanted to get me some playing time. I think he understood what was going on but he was very helpful to me. Because of the way he acted it made it easier on me."

Warner viewed the benchings as tests of his professionalism, his character and his faith. He had observed similar quarterback changes inject dissension into a locker room, with players picking sides and coaches struggling to manage the crisis. He vowed that wouldn't happen. Late in that 2004 season, he asked his Giant teammates to give their full support to Manning.
    ++++++++++++++++

I guess the players worry more about what he says than what his wife says.

19. EagleFan

EagleFan New Member

As much as I hate to say this I want the Steelers to win. My brother has moved to Phoenix recently and hs been a Raiders fan all his life (one problem already) but suddenly after the Eagles lost to the Cardinals I get a call from him and he's talking about "his Cardinals". This was the first time he has even mentioned that team. He claims it's because he lives there now. He lived in New York for almost 20 years and ermained a Raiders fan so that kind of ruins that arguement for him. :)

Plus I have to believe that a Cardinals Super Bowl win is the 7th sign of the end of the world and life as we know it will be over... ;)

20. toros_00

toros_00 Moderator

cards +7