Challenge to the Knighthawks Krew :)

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks/Rattlers Krew Forum' started by torrrock, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Supposedly it was in Ken Fidlin's column in the Sun on either Monday or Tuesday...

2. torrrock

torrrock New Member

Hmmm, nothing on the best lacrosse web site out there?

The Fanarama was mentioned last summer(news and notes), but nothing was mentioned this summer.

RA won't shut us out twice ... will he?

:)

3. rockhead

rockhead Member

I think I still have Monday and Tuesdays Sun's (Tuesdays for sure) I'll double check those, but I don't know how I missed it.

4. Citrus

Citrus New Member

Well...

Jeesh! Why not someone email him? He's not psychic, after all. :)

5. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

OK, that's it. The Fox and Fiddle no longer gets our business! They won't let us bring kids in...:mad:

Plans have been shifted. I know that this may not be to everyone's taste, but Jack Astor's has let us have a reservation for 3:45PM for 65 people (all the players (34) plus a little overflow like wives and husbands and kids) so that we have a place to eat after the game. If all goes well, we should be done the game by 2:30 (10 minute warm-up, 60 minutes of playing time with 10 minutes of intermission plus 10 for timeouts and stuff)

DIRECTIONS AND DISTANCE FROM MISSISSAUGA VALLEY ARENA.
    1: Start out going Northeast on MISSISSAUGA VALLEY BLVD towards CENTRAL PKWY E by turning right. 0.11 km
    2: Turn LEFT onto CENTRAL PKWY E. 0.31 km
    3: Turn LEFT onto BURNHAMTHORPE RD E. 1.90 km
    4: Turn RIGHT onto DUKE OF YORK BLVD. 0.79 km
    Total Estimated Time: 8 minutes. Total Distance: 3.11 km

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2002
  6. rockhead

rockhead Member

I just checked all Ken Fidlin's columns for the past 2 weeks and there was no mention of us. I checked all the other recent articles I could find from the Toronto Sun at www.slam.ca and couldn't find a thing.

7. raphilly

raphilly New Member

> Hmmm, nothing on the best lacrosse web site out there?
    > RA won't shut us out twice ... will he?

RA is planning to post something about Fann Cup in News and Notes this evening...

R.A.

8. rockhead

rockhead Member

Bandit,

I just saw the cup on the Outsider's Guide and boy is it sweet... Can't wait to chug from that bad boy.

See you all tomorrow.

By the way Roadies... my rage has signifigantly decreased since my last rage update :)

9. Bandit

Bandit New Member

heh ... wait till ya see the MVP trophies!

:D

Bandit

10. torrrock

torrrock New Member

I knew RA couldn't go without mentioning us!

Yep, the cup looks great, definately worthy of it's name!

Let's Go ROADIES !!!

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Looks like a swell time was had.....

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Been to most of these, including the original. Missed Philly '06. Chicago '09, and the first Minnesota (2012??). I guess that makes like 13, which, looking back, I cannot believe.

They started getting really good when it became a full weekend thing in '04 or so. Been on some top notch Roadie teams, and, a few that collapsed in the semis.......or just faceplanted in the round-robin, but, it's always been a blast.

Anyone want to contribute to the let's-get-Rockstar-to-Minnesota fund for 2019??

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I wish I hadn't been so late to the Fann Cup party. I only played in the 2013 one, but I made cameos to visit everyone at the 2015 and 2017 editions. I definitely won't be traveling all the way to Minnesota for 2019 though.