Chesapeake Bayhawks to build $40 million lacrosse-specific stadium and MLL Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by WILaxFan, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

Bring back the Maryland Arrows as the Baltimore Arrows please.

2. WILaxFan

WILaxFan Member

3. Vin

Vin Active Member

I don't see the need for a new stadium. A friend of mine was at the Bayhawks home game against Atlanta the other night. I asked how attendance was. He said "Not bad." However, the pictures he took (which I will upload later at some point) look like a Georgia Swarm home game - during warm-ups!

4. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

When adverage attendance is 5k in a stadium that holds roughly 35k it's gunna look shitty no matter what.

5. Vin

Vin Active Member

I could _easily_ count the heads on the opposite side of the field in the pictures that were sent.

6. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Ya as much as I'd like the MLL to succeed it's just a joke of a league. The whole MLL is just a product demo of warrior...

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

But it gets on tv due to the season footprint, only competition is MLB. And as we have cried....sponsors. never makes sense to me that someone wouldn't buy in to a league with the history we have.

8. swami24

I watched some of the college playoffs. The game.is athletic and fun. Again, if indoor gets back to the physical, it is fun to watch.

9. Vin

Vin Active Member

Two pictures from the Atlanta Blaze at Chesapeake Bayhawks game of 19 May 2017.
    It was played at Homewood Field at Johns Hopkins University.

1st one was taken at 8:08 PM.
    2nd one was taken at 9:25 PM.

As you can see, it's SRO...

Atlanta Blaze at Chesapeake Bayhawks 19 MAY 2017 2008.jpg Atlanta Blaze at Chesapeake Bayhawks 19 MAY 2017 2125.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. swami24

Counted about 170 in the stands in the top photo.

11. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

I don't understand how this league stays afloat, would love to see what the Universitys are charging the MLL

12. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK SAYS THAT LOOKS LIKE LAMPORT STADIUM.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    smurf666 likes this.
  13. Pounder

Pounder Member

And THAT is why an enterprising soul builds their own stadium. NOT. PAYING. RENT.

Everyone who has taken the "sharing is what we do" side absolutely has not been paying attention to the business. Sometimes, that might be a good thing and I'm the soul burdened with the truth.

However, the number of USL (or even NASL) soccer teams gaining a foothold in their markets makes for a good second tenant... and if USA Rugby stops the little prostitution they got into with last year's league, they could get into line, too. Whether that investment is worth $40 million could be questioned, but it doesn't lack for possibilities.

Now... all the expansion the NLL seems to be chasing is geared towards larger markets, the possibility of TV, same old same old. No, it doesn't really help the NLL when they'll be a renter. And, no, it's hard for me to envision an owner justifying the expense, even in another market that might be similar to, say, Rochester.

BTW, doesn't mean this stadium proposal is guaranteed to help MLL. It has to be considered a good start, but the league must do things to follow up. I do tend to think the kind of stadium they want could be done for less than $40 million, BTW.