1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Driscoll To The Rock ????

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by TOTHFAN, Mar 13, 2003.

1. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

read mike koreen's story in today's sun

it could happen today

2. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

The Goddess has only one comment....

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having had the fun of watching Chris play for my Brampton Excelsiors the last few summers, knowing what kind of hard working and exciting team player he is...

GET OUT OF BED LES AND MAKE THE TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

the goddess is a tad excited

OH MY GOD

can she handle this

driscoll in a rock uniform & kimbo coming back

LIFE IS GOOD ROCK FANS !!!

you are right goddess WAKE UP NOW LES & CALL NEW YORK

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Average Joe Millionaire

[PhairIsGod pulls out scissors while standing next to the phone line at Bartley's house, cuts wire, camera gets closeup of his eyes shifting right to left to show he's evil, runs into the darkness....]

Thats all we need, another stud scorer on the Rock. With Kim Squire coming back, AREN'T YOU GUYS SATISFIED YET???? Thats fine. You get Driscoll....but could you send us Squire???:D Yeah, that seems fair....or is it Phair!:p

5. goddessoflax

Chris isn't just a "stud scorer". He is the ultimate team guy....whatever the coach tells him he needs! He is an excellant defenseman, almost as fast as Steve Toll, great on loose balls, a passer that would put you in mind of Mr. Veltman...and he has a SHOT!

And...PhairIsGod...

NO!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T HAVE KIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so silly! ;)

6. overhand

overhand New Member

What are they asking or Les is offering up for Chris? I have heard these rumours for a while now, will the trade happen?

7. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

the SCOOP (sorry mr.veltman) is that it will be a combination of

the high round draft picks that the rock own for this years draft

( the ones from van for stroup etc)

no players from the current rock roster are involved

new york wants to rebuild and t.o. has the 1st round picks they want.

I'M LOVING THIS

8. overhand

overhand New Member

Oh I like this one. In a round about way it would be Chris for Dan. Not bad 'cause I would have done the Matt Shearer for Stroup - this is much better.

9. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

So who does Gongas want in trade for Driscoll (please, God and Goddess, LET THIS HAPPEN!)? Can we foist off a ham and egger on them or are we going to have to give up something substantial?

10. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

read the post above yours

it's DRAFT PICKS ONLY

11. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

I heard it was Sandy Chapman, Ian Rubel, and a draft pick for Driscoll.

12. cb#18

cb#18 New Member

we got him for draft picks and a Player to be named later
    what number will he use ? 39 ? :D

13. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

I'd be shocked if the Saints trade Driscoll for any package that does not include some guy named Blaine or Colin. I mean, come on. The Saints aren't in the league to make other teams better, and Driscoll is a top 3-5 player. For draft picks? Please, it's much more likely Gongas is just messing with the Toronto media some.

Doyle for Driscoll or Manning and a pick for Driscoll I can see. Anything else is just the Saints being absolutely retarded. Which, based on other evidence, I suppose could happen, but I doubt it. They don't need to revamp the team again. Doing so just would add more time to the currently six year rebuilding process.

14. overhand

overhand New Member

The DEAL is done! I heard one report that said there were two # 1 picks and a #2 pick, but I also heard another report that said there is also a player to be named later. Not gonna be someone named Blaine or Colin though. We are licking our chops here in Toronto and can't wait to see who we will get in the playoffs. Should be entertaining for us anyway. Sorry WingsfaninNY. Them's the breaks.

15. lax_over_rugby

lax_over_rugby New Member

Is there a chance that we could be in the lineup tomorrow night??

16. goddessoflax

THE GODDESS IS DELIGHTED!

Now...I wonder what Barks is going to give him for a nickname?

17. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

No need to say sorry to me. I'm not a Saints fan. If the Saints traded him for picks, they just set themselves back at least 2 years, which is fine with me, because it makes our division that much easier to win.

Assuming this is the accurate deal, good for the Rock, bad for the Saints. Still doesn't make the Rock the favorite to beat the Bandits in Buffalo, IMO. Assuming Toronto even gets to the final again.

18. Tank

Tank New Member

Why does New York rebuild EVERY season? I thought theyu were finally getting a good team together and now this? Talk about bad GMing.

19. Hooligan

Hooligan Average Joe Millionaire

Yet another "great" decision by the Saints. Why do we keep letting them field a team? Why not just take the talent they have, and allow a dispersal draft....and everyone give the Saints their draft picks. We can do this every year, and it would be a lot less messy than midseason trades end up. Dear God...buy a clue Saints!!!!!:rolleyes:

20. cb#18

cb#18 New Member

it is confirmed, he will be in the line up on Friday with Kimbo but who will get # 93 ?????????????:confused: