1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Driscoll To The Rock ????

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by TOTHFAN, Mar 13, 2003.

1. lax_over_rugby

lax_over_rugby New Member

Let's take a look at the probable roster for tomorrow;
    Out the front door...
    Doyle
    Manning
    Finneran
    Wilson
    Squire
    Chapman

Out the back door
    Coyle
    Clark
    Gibson
    Ladoceur
    Merrill
    Reubel

Out both
    Toll
    Veltman
    Livingstone

With Whipper and Cosmo in goal this team looks extrememly powerful. I just hope that they don't change the chemistry too much. When you include Toll and Veltman in the offensive zone, that leaves 4 quality players sitting every other shift.

But I guess when I look at the glass being half full, this is a very nice problem to have:)

2. goddessoflax

goddessoflax Active Member

More delighted to hear that Chris will play Friday night but...

...he is the "new" guy & #93 belongs to Kim & Chris likely already has another number picked out.

And...to the previous post...no Clark...one game suspension.

3. lax_over_rugby

lax_over_rugby New Member

Goddess, you are 100% correct as usual. I guess I was thinking about the the rest of the year, not just tomorrow night.

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

He was known in Buffalo as "Hollywood"

5. Canadan

Canadan New Member

I assumed that Tom Marechek has carte blanche on the nickname "Hollywood". How about Chris "Can't Miss" Driscoll. The Rock have to keep loading the net, no coasting near the end of games. If they end up being tied for first overall, won't goal differential make a difference??

6. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

No.

The Second tiebreaker is games against common opponents. By my count the common opponents are

Albany (2), Rochester (2), Calgary (2), and Ottawa (2).

Buffalo: 2-0 ALB, 1-0 ROC, 1-0 CAL, 0-0 OTT: 5-0 (3 remaining)
    Toronto: 1-1 ALB, 1-0 ROC, 2-0 CAL, 2-0 OTT: 6-1 (1 remaining)

If that ends tied, then they lose the Goals scored in head to head games tiebreaker and they have to pass the Bandits outright to win the #1 seed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2003
  7. rockhead

rockhead Member

Umm...
    1+1+2+2 = 6
    1+0+0+0 = 1
    8-6-1 = 1

Shouldn't that be 6-1 (1 remaining) :D

8. MacRazor

MacRazor New Member

I HATED that Hollywood nickname! In section 115 we called him "Driscol-Inferno"! We liked it and you folks might like it too...feel free to use it!

Mac

9. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

f.y.i. everyone

GLENN CLARK WILL SERVE HIS 1 GAME SUSPENSION TONIGHT

AGAINST ROCHESTER.

les bartley on mojo radio yesterday afternoon confirmed it

10. Canadan

Canadan New Member

I hope the Driscoll trade is not just a false rumour....like the jersey delivery to the seats for the charity game. Dineen told Katwest 1 they don't do that at all.

11. torrrock

torrrock New Member

Saints trade Chris Driscoll to Toronto
    New York gets Stapleford, three draft picks for reigning Player of Month
    R.A. Philly
    Outsider's Guide Editor in Chief

The New York Saints today traded forward Chris Driscoll to the Toronto Rock for three draft picks and defenseman Scott Stapleford.

The trade is expected to be formally announced Friday morning.

In the deal, first reported this morning by Mike Koreen of the Toronto Sun as "close" to happening, the Saints receive Toronto's first- and second-round picks in this year's entry draft, as well as a first-rounder next year and the 21-year-old Stapleford.

Driscoll, named the NLL's Player of the Month for February just two days ago, has scored 30 goals and dished out 46 assists in twelve games this season, leading the team in goals, assists, and points. Driscoll is fourth on the Saints with 68 loose ball recoveries.

In an eleven-year career that begun with the Detroit Turbos and continued with the Rochester Knighthawks, Buffalo Bandits, and New York, Driscoll has scored 176 goals and assisted on 277 others in 108 games. In eight career playoff games, he has totalled seven goals and 16 assists.

When the Turbos folded in 1994, Driscoll was one of six Detroit players claimed by expansion Rochester in a supplemental draft. The Knighthawks then dealt him to Buffalo in 1999, in a four-player trade that landed them Darris Kilgour.

New York acquired Driscoll from Buffalo on 12 February 2002, along with forwards Rob Kirkby and Jason Clark and goaltender Phil Wetherup, for forwards Roy Colsey, Brad Dairon and Jonas Derks.

Stapleford was selected 49th overall by Toronto in the 2002 NLL Entry Draft, from the Whitby Warriors Junior A club (Ontario Lacrosse Association). He has appeared in one game this season, recording zero points and one loose ball.

Born in Detroit, Stapleford now resides in London, Ontario, and is studying political science and philosophy at the University of Western Ontario.

12. torrrock

torrrock New Member

Man, the Rock have never looked so good on paper.

1st, 2nd, 6th and 10th spot in NLL scoring.

1st in loose balls.

1st in save percentage and goals against average.

1st in power play goals.

13. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

it would make it a perfect week if # 3 comes true tonight

1. kimbo is back

2. driscoll is in

3. the rock FINALLY WIN at the blue cross arena in rochester

CAN'T STOP THE ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. WingsfaninMA

WingsfaninMA New Member

Rockhead --

6-1 ... that's what I said! :)

15. goddessoflax

Just my opinion, of course, but...

Hollywood belongs to Marechek. Chris is now a member of my beloved Rock & needs a "new" nickname...one that reflects his on floor personality...something about his wicked shot maybe! I am sure Bruce will come up with a dandy!

P.S. Just want to say this one more time...

CHRIS DRISCOLL...TORONTO ROCK!!!

I am SO excited I can hardly stand it!

16. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Funny - I was just telling someone the other day about how Pat Quinn is going to be bored at the next couple of NHL drafts because he'll have no picks left. Looks like Les Bartley will be bored at the next few NLL drafts for the same reason.

But if it gets us closer to a Stanley Cup / NLL Championship, then I'm OK with that. :)

Let's just hope Driscoll lasts longer in a Rock uniform than Gilmour did in a Leafs uniform.

17. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Have to hope so too....although so far, Gilmour's only out one game. Anything further is TBA, keep those fingers crossed.

Also, to get Gilmour and Housley, the Leafs really only gave up three sacks of pucks.....and their 4nd, 6st, and 9rd round picks who will carry those pucks to the other teams involved. With 30 teams drafting, anything beyond a 2nd rounder usually just ends up on the farm anyway, many never crack the NHL.

As far as the NLL draft picks - the Rock had a few early rounders to spare, I think. They got extras from Vancouver for Stroup, no?

18. goddessoflax

19. TOTHFAN

TOTHFAN New Member

sure you are a toronto sun fan now goddess

STAR OF PAGE 5

that koreen is a good boy

OH BY THE WAY

THIS JUST HEARD ON MOJO RADIO @ 9:30 WITH BRUCE BARKER

IT'S CHRIS " THE PISTOL" DRISCOLL

no uniform # as of yet

20. goddessoflax

That nickname sure makes the appropriate comment about Chris's shot. I love it!
    :D