Cloutier Gone

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by WingsNut423566, Feb 6, 2019.

1. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

Wings get

Ryan Wagner and 2021 1st round pick from Buffalo.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

WHAT THE F???? Seriously, did this just happen??

Buffalo had 2 1st rounders in 2021 so I wonder which one it is.

3. Wingslax1426

Wingslax1426 Guest

Awful trade

1sttimelongtime likes this.
  4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

This rocks!!! Wagner is a D guy that should get plenty of playing time here with our awful D.

And moved literal dead weight for a first round pick.

RockStar likes this.
  5. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Awesome trade. Wagner is just another guy, and we have two firsts that year.

6. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Works out well for both sides. The Wings need a veteran D guy, and Cloutier is more likely to eat the ball than put it in the net.

IAmDroot and RockStar like this.
  7. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

With Byrne out, the left side needs some help, and he’s only played 7 games so I’ll take the upside. Wagner was fine, will def help Philly but there wasn’t really room, he’s even been a healthy scratch.

8. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

D is the not the problem. The problem is the goaltending.

9. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The irony is that the Wings could have taken Wagner for nothing in the expansion draft and probably given up a 4th rounder to land Diruscio. They signed Buchan as a free agent.

BanditsRock11 and RockStar like this.
  10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

They must have really noticed what they saw in Cloutier. Was he a poor listener, uncoachable?

11. R.J

R.J Guest

I mean Cloutier was a black hole, so this could just be a case of addition by subtraction. A 1st and a defender is a decent haul IMO.

12. mightymouth

mightymouth Active Member

Awful trade! You don’t give up on a guy 7 games into his rookie season! There is a reason he was touted as a top pick in the draft. He has potential!

Unfortunately it appears he came in overweight and not ready to go but still too early to dump him this early is ridiculous!

The only reason you make a trade like this is if he is a total douche in the locker room!

Time to think about firing our GM as he could have made several of these moves without losing future draft picks!

If he had done his homework properly we are not throwing good picks away like this!

13. mightymouth

Dead wrong! Our defense has been getting killed by pick and rolls and give and go all season! Some of the goals you can blame the goalie for but they have had more rubber in their faces than a hooker in Kensington!

As bad as the defense is I still don’t like the trade as the upside goes to buffalo.

If it wasn’t for the pipes and goalies we have lost each game by 5 or more!

14. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Buchan has been marginal but I can’t pin close losses solely on him
    The D let down completely both games vs Toronto

mightymouth likes this.
  15. Hollywood42

Remember luke wiles? He was a fat slug too and never got back in the league, this is cloutiers wake up call

mightymouth likes this.
  16. mightymouth

Too bad. If he wakes up Buffalo just got a lot better.

17. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

When I told Mrs Swami, her question was " is that the fat guy?". I still wonder that it was too early for a building team? There had to be some big red flag.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  18. Hollywood42

I wish him success but the wings are not as bad as 1-6 represents them in the standings

His play drastically changed the minute Crowley put his wings jersey back in
    0 goals since

19. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Seems awfully fast to give up on a 2nd overall pick lefty despite his recent struggles, and considering it's the worst talent analysis individual in NLL history moving him out, chances are this bites the Wings in the ass.

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I am with Gravedigger......seems too early to give up, especially since this was the consensus no. 2 overall pick, not just Day's.

Wondering if Cloutier bluntly explained to the coach what exactly is causing his disappointing performance, and had to be moved due to "irreconcilable differences"