Club Box Seats

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by Signman, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Signman

Signman New Member

Anyone ever sit in them for the Wings games? Are they worth the extra money? What extras do the club box seats have?

Signman.....Section 115

2. Wings2Go

Wings2Go New Member

Private bathroom, only 5 steps away,
    coat rack, bar, sofa, chairs, and if you want it a stock bar and refrig (of course you pay for the stocking), waiter/waitress comes to you and asks if you want to order anything, and if they are not there quick enough, there if a phone so you can get someone there pronto!
    At least that is what I have experienced in the Suite Boxes........
    Also, with the suite boxes, you get VIP parking passes, don't have to fumble for money at the gate, plus you have a special area for parking.

------------------
    Wings2Go.....all the way

3. RickH

RickH New Member

I've been in the suites for wrestling and hockey and the amenities that they have are nice. The suites are a must for me for wrestling shows, as you don't have to put up with all of the screaming idiots holding up signs in front of your face. Also, most suites come with free food and drink, which is very nice. However, as my personal preference, I wouldn't want to be in the luxury seating for a Wings' game. I like being in the center of the lower level near the action. When I'm in the luxury seats, I don't feel as though I'm really at the event.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Remember that suites and club box seats are different. The first layer up over your(Signman's) shoulder is club box. the second layer and way up top are suites. Suites are totally private entities, club box areas are semi private, you own your seats and have access to to suite like area behind them.
    In the club box you have the bathrooms, coat rack, bar and area to roam if you want, but no free food etc. There are 50-100 seats in each club box area, so there is plenty of room to move in the common area.
    As a Flyerseason ticket holder, you get first shot to buy these seats for events and concerts, if the owners don't want them. I have sat in these (great) seats for two concerts.

5. Signman

Signman New Member

Right, Swami, I got you, but, we were looking at the pricing difference for the club box seat vs. our present seats, and the difference is not all that great, so, I was wondering what the amenities were. I have been in the Luxury boxes before (friend of mine is a friend of Bill Bergey's)...what a spread they get up there....whew.....but, too far away, and being so high up and isolated, you tend not to feel the electricity that you feel down in the seats.

Signman........Section 115

6. KGD22

KGD22 New Member

The box seats are awesome. I used to sit in them before I had my normal season tickets. My mom used to get them all the time through her company and it is really awesome. You don't have people getting up and coming in through your isle when you are trying to watch the game, and you have a TV in each. But yes I do agree with the last post by signman, you don't really feel the electricity as much as you do when your down bottom. So it will depend on what your tastes are, whether you want to feel like your apart of it or just want to sit back and relax without any hassles.

Warrior

7. ParrotBayTaz

ParrotBayTaz New Member

We've had the club box seats since the move from the Spectrum. The advantages are private bar (which doesn't cut off alcohol sales at the end of a specific time frame), wider and more confortable seats. coat rack, private rest room and each club box has a small kiosk that has internet access (new last year). But the main disadvantage is (as has been noted in previous posts) the electricity. It's ok - but nothing like the regular seats. Hope this helps

8. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

box seats for a wings' game - NEVER!! my employer has offered me his box for the wings and i declined. i explained it to him that there is nothing like the buzz that surrounds the fans during a game and that by being in the box, despite all of what it offers, it would be stale when compared to the electricity in our section. at least he offers his box to the employees for the wings games but i have had better success making converts because co-workers understand what i'm talking about. the box is like watching a game from your mom's den - no problem getting fed & finding the bathroom but you trying screaming at the top of your lungs with her watching you. give me the seats any day!

9. Wings2Go

Wings2Go New Member

It's true, that it's not the same as sitting down in the bowl, but if you bring the electricity up with you like I have, then the suite starts rockin' (especially those who come to sit on their hands), then the electricity expands upward.

------------------
    Wings2Go.....all the way

10. editor

editor New Member

I have to disagree with those who say the electricity is low in the box. I have had both club box seats and regular seats. I'll take the box anyday. I have all the amenities that I want, and there is only one person in our club box that "frowns on the noise" (or is it the language..) by giving us the occasional glance from her shoulder (she sits directly in front of us, lol)...

Know What? She ...SUCKS!

Seriously, in CB 10, we are a loud and proud bunch, rivaling those who sit right in front of us in the "regular seats." You can still see the action, don't kill your neck looking at the jumbotron, and can get a beer anytime ya want. I would say get the box seats... what is the worst thing that will happen? Next year if you don't like them, go back to where you were before.

11. firehead49

firehead49 New Member

I hear you wing2go......my box rocks.

12. ryan

ryan New Member

I got my club box seats when we moved from the spectrum. When I got me lower-level seat assignment for the move to the FUC, I ended up in the very last row of the lower bowl (24th row, I think), in the middle of a row.

I figured for (at the time) for $4 more a seat, per game, I'd move back a few more rows (remember, I was pretty far back anyway) and take the bathroom, bar, food access, extra seating, lots of room to move around.

The first season, the nice self-service food areas (Broad St bistros?) on the club level were open, but they have not been open for Wings games for the past few seasons. I'd wish they'd open them again, but I guess they are not getting enough business.

The club level also gives direct access to the cigar bar/brew pub area without going down to the main concourse.

The club area also has a high 'wife acceptance factor' (WAF); most women I've been to games with like the club boxes greatly, and my wife definately likes the club box better than standard seating areas.

Some games, family or friends of players are hanging out in the club box area, so it's nice to have a chance to chat with them. And you can wander from club box to club box to visit friends.

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I like the club boxes for these reasons too.... plus there's a railing that separates each one, meaning angry Wings fans can't easily get to me to try to assault me like that time in 2013 :eek:

14. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Editor... that guy was fun.

ARF, you survived the horrors of a fine seat Just a few rows from the boxes at least once. Of course you had backup:p

15. jstraw80

jstraw80 Active Member

Damn, my old seats are not available according to the site.
    What is the charge for the Club box seats, I dont see that option. I only see the $40/$50 seats.

16. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Club Boxes are discussed very briefly at the bottom of the ticket page under FAQs

Attached Files:

• cb.jpg
      cb.jpg
      File size:
      20.3 KB
      Views:
    swami24 likes this.
  17. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Member

WILL THEY KICK THE ARDMORE AARDVARK OUT IF HE JUST DECIDES TO SIT IN A CLUB BOX ANYWAY, EVEN IF IT IS NOT FOR SALE?