Cody Jamieson Isn't Good Anymore

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KHawksWin2011, Feb 4, 2018.

1. KHawksWin2011

KHawksWin2011 Member

Ever since coming back from his injury this dude can't score. We probably would have won that game if it wasn't for Cody as many of his errant shots and passes turned into turnovers that directly resulted Buffalo goals. Not only did he not score anything, but he was almost directly responsible for no less than three breakaway Buffalo Goals. In the last few possessions I was praying they would keep it away from him. Taking 10 shots and scoring 0 times is ridiculous.

2. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

He actually took 16 shots, 6 just we’re off net. Equally concerned about Dawson. 0 shots on goal for the game. Time for him to retire.

3. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I noticed Dawson has certainly lost a step. He still seems to distribute pretty well though.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Big guys get old fast.
    Dawson cant get free like he used to. could still be an asset......just roll back his minutes a bit and have the lions share of them on powerplays and against tired D groups later in the game.

Jamieson sort of looks like a shadow of his former self. Still a lot of season left, maybe he finds his stride, but injuries like his are tough to come back from.

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

This. He hasn't played meaningful lacrosse in almost 2 years due to some very serious injuries so it will take time for him to get his grove back. It may even take this year and some summer ball to get there. I wouldn't write him off yet.

You're right about Dawson.....it may be wise to limit his minutes to certain situations. He's 36 and hasn't missed any time due to injury so there are a lot of miles on him.

6. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Jamieson and Dawson have been silent since the first two games. It's hard to really be mad at either of them though. Jamieson is coming off 2 very serious injuries and atleast he isn't taking any stupid penalties when he struggles like he used to. And Dawson isn't lighting it up, but he's transitioned into more of a pure set up man role. I don't think he's taken more than a few shots a game since those first two wins. Neither of them are playing great but I also don't think they're necessarily the problem.

It's honestly hard to pin point a problem. No one really stands out as being particularly bad. Thats why I think it's time for a coaching change. I've stood by Hasen over the past few years, and still think he's a great coach, but we need a change and we've invested too much in rookies to try to reboot already. Hasen botched atleast 3 potential challenge flags last night, failed to call a time out/make any changes when Buffalo went on that 3rd quarter run, and showed basically no emotion as our chances of winning were flushed down the drain.

Now this season isn't over yet, and I still have hope that we can turn it around. But something HAS to change.

7. KHawksWin2011

KHawksWin2011 Member

Actually lots of players stand out as being particularly bad.

Paul Dawson is routinely beaten on defense to the point he is a liability. Strictly watch him play during several shifts. He is too slow now and leads to several goals against due to mis-plays.

Dan Dawson is not that good anymore.

Cody Jamieson is not that good anymore.'

That leaves who anchoring our offense? Resetarits? He's good but not a team-anchor type of good.

Sid is getting old. Llord is worse than P. Dawson. Kyle Jackson gets pushed around too easily.

Honestly there is almost nobody on the team that if I were on another team I'd be jealous of. The few players I'd want are Hossack, Gillies, Withers, and possibly Scott Campbell. Maybe Resatarits as well because he has played well. Everybody else is meh.

8. chuckster

No Vinc???

9. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I had to laugh about this thread when Jamieson scored 4 goals last night.

In other news, it was nice to randomly run into ParrotBoyTaz at the game last night.

10. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

He not quite the same post-injury, but games like last night tell you that he can still be a dangerous threat. He's always been a "try to do everything yourself" kind of player and went for hero plays, and the drop in athleticism means those plays where he could bully a defender to get in close for a shot or draw in another defender to get another player open just don't happen anymore. Move the ball around more fluidly and he'll have some big games.

11. chuckster

Rochester fans are notorious for writing off players after a couple of bad games.

In other news, why was Dan Dawson a healthy scratch for the game vs. the Rush? Is Styres going to actually limit his minutes or games like some have suggested?

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

All I know is that I asked a well respected Knighthawks fan "Why is Dan Dawson scratched? Is he old finally?" to which the well respected Knighthawks fan said to me "You said it, not me :cool:"

So... is Dan Dawson over the hill finally?

13. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that’s the 2nd game in a row he was not in the lineup.

14. chuckster

http://d15k3om16n459i.cloudfront.net/prostats/transactions.html?leagueid=230&seasonid=17281&numtrans=all
    http://d15k3om16n459i.cloudfront.net/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=3199468

For the game in Georgia on 2/11, he was put on the Short Term Hold Out list and did not play in Georgia.
    On 2/15, he was added back to the team from the Short Term Hold Out list.
    On the box score for the 2/16 game at home vs. the Rush, he was listed as a scratch.

One can speculate on why he hasn't played the last 2 games.....my guess is that he went on short term hold out because he couldn't travel with the team for some reason (likely family). Being on the roster and a healthy scratch when it was Rochester's only game this weekend and it was at home is interesting. Styres is a master at working the lists to work his active roster.

15. KHawkChick

KHawkChick Member

I personally think Dan still has potential however the younger guys need to be given the opportunity to show what they have. Knighthawks were on a 6 game losing streak and you were not seeing much production out of Dawson or Jamieson. The games were slow and offense wasn't gelling at all. Tons of stand around and pass the ball before taking a poorly placed shot. Last week, Dan was on the short term holdout for the game in Georgia and our offense really stepped up. Cody had one of his best games of the season and the younger guys who were in the lineup stood out. The ball was moving well and it was an all-around good game. I think the idea of scratching Dan was why change the lineup which finally broke the slump that we were in. Joey R said during an interview that Dan said to play the lineup that is best for the team and was willing to step aside if needed. I'm a big fan of Dan but I don't think his slower style fits in with the NLL as we are seeing it right now.

16. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

THE ARDMORE AARDVARK WANTS TO POINT OUT THAT JAMIESON HAS 61 POINTS IN 11 GAMES (19 goals, 42 assists) SINCE THIS GEM OF A THREAD WAS STARTED.

TONIGHT WE ARE ONE DAY CLOSER TO THE WINGS RETURNING.... BUT WILL IT BE CAUSE THE OLD WINGS MOVE ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP? OR CAUSE THEY LOSE AND TURN BACK INTO THE WINGS IMMEDIATELY?

THE DRAMA! STAY TUNED!

RockStar likes this.
  17. chuckster

It was started by a guy who has since claimed to have gone to games for the past 23 years, played in the NLL/box lax for 12 years, worked for the league for 6 years and offered to write Hawks articles for the local newspaper for free.

Yeah, he really knows what he's talking about. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RockStar likes this.
  18. KHawksWin2011

KHawksWin2011 Member

61 points in 11 games is average at best when you consider the lion's share of the points are secondary assists.

One can't help but notice his points per game production is the lowest it has been since his rookie season. His shooting percentage is the lowest in his NLL career. His shots on goal versus shots missing the goal are also at the lowest ratio in his NLL career.

So in other words, more wild shots than ever before, fewer points per game than ever before, worst scoring percentage than ever before, and a mess of secondary and power play assists to boost his otherwise unimpressive season point total.

But yeah, he's not missing a step. You're right!

19. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

Cody’s career ppg average is 5.17. His 2018 ppg average is 4.94. Not a significant difference when you consider he Is coming off a major injury and the team has an offensive philosophy predicted on transition, rapid ball movement and a committee approach to scoring. His ground balls is also the 2nd highest of his career.

So yeah, Cody is doing just fine.

RockStar likes this.
  20. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I just went back and checked all the game sheets, because I assumed you were wrong. Surprise!! You were very wrong.

Over the final 11 games, I count 57 points for him (not 61). Either way the breakdown of those points:

Goals- 19
    Primary assists- 25
    Secondary assists- 13

Secondary assists are the least likely way he'll rack up points.

RockStar likes this.