1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Jamieson Isn't Good Anymore

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KHawksWin2011, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I think it's a lost cause at this point. He falls into that category of "weirdos you only see at 2nd tier sporting events".

2. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

You mean like that Wings fan with the huge feet?

3. Wings-4-Life

Probably. I have no idea who you're talking about.

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Smart people who know how the game of indoor lacrosse works make statements like this. Those who don't start threads on message boards that begin with the statement Cody Jamieson Isn't Good Anymore.

5. chuckster

Totally agree. Again, there are some really smart people like this guy that know the game and maybe the dumb people who don't know the game can learn from them.

6. AmericanRockFan

You've seen him. The big Wings fan with that goalie cut jersey who shows up at Stock Exchange a lot.

7. Wings-4-Life

Ah, yes. That guy. Although he's no longer a Wings fan. He said he's staying a Black Wolves fan because of what the Wings did when they left town.

Guess he doesn't care that the people responsible are now running the Black Wolves?......

8. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

If the Hawks move to Halifax it's Cody Jamieson's fault. F*ckin bum bankrupted the team with his 10 year contract :rolleyes:

RockStar likes this.
  9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

it's kind of funny......through reading this thread, watching some tightly contested playoff games that followed it, and crunching some numbers, I am a much bigger Cody Jamieson fan than I was a month ago.

10. Wings-4-Life

I feel the same way! Once you get past the box score, and look more into the lesser stats (which I had to do a few times to shut down M.L.B.), it showed how truly impressive his season was coming off a major injury.

11. chuckster

When he started with the Hawks, I wanted to dislike him as much as I disliked Grant and the Evans felons. But then I saw him do a TV interview before a playoff game early in his career and he came across as such a soft spoken, humble and articulate guy in that interview that I thought "crap, I can't hate on this guy, he's pretty cool and doesn't seem like the douche that Grant is."

RockStar likes this.
  12. AmericanRockFan

I remember the Knighthawks beat the Bandits 15-9 in late 2011, and my friend and I went to the Flyers/Sabres playoff game the next night. My friend wore, just by coincidence, a Cody Jamieson shirsey. Apparently some Buffalonian started talking **** to him in the bathroom because of it since Jamieson had a lousy 3-goal and 4-assist 7 point night the night before :eek:

RockStar likes this.
  13. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

I just wanted to quote this post from last month, given the recent turn of events with Halifax.

14. AmericanRockFan

I swear I knew nothing..... Unless of course this happens, then I'll take 100% credit for it down the line :D

15. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i have never conversed with Jamieson, nor heard an interview.

where I initially started respecting him was watching him as a youngster in what might have been his first season of major giving fits to the Brampton juggernaut of a few years back......if a guy can score in MSL's finals series (i.e. If the head is still attached, your team doesn't even get a possession award and fresh clock), he's going to be something special

16. KHawksWin2011

KHawksWin2011 Member

Jamieson had 1.8 turnovers per game during the regular season. 3.8 per game during the playoffs. Wonder why we lost?

17. Wings-4-Life

30th in the league. Wow, what a clown!

I guess we'll ignore that Vitarelli was 8th in the league, and Kyle Jackson was 17th (all while handling the ball less). You truly are an idiot.

Mark Matthews had 3.7 turnovers per game.... it's amazing they won the championship with the worst player in the league leading their offense.

18. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

THIS MIGHT BE THE NEW RESCHEDULED GAME THREAD.... WHERE'S THE PICTURE OF THE LADY AND THE FRIDGE WHEN WE NEED IT?

RockStar likes this.
  19. chuckster

No, I don't wonder why the Hawks lost. I know why they lost -- Vinc couldn't stop a beach ball when they need him to and gave up 15 goals in 3 quarters, Vitarelli/Jackson/Resatarits combined for 1 goal in game 3, and while your defense kept Matthews from scoring the other lefty (Shattler) put in 4 and was named finals MVP.

To pin a 5 goal loss on 1 player is dumb and shows just how much you don't know about indoor lacrosse.

20. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

How anyone could watch the team all season and not see how invisible Jackson and Resatarits were in game 3 is beyond me. Whether they didn't play well or the Rush just did a good job shutting them down, I'm not completely sure, but we needed them to put the ball in the net and they didn't. Jamieson is the last player to blame for the loss.

Let's also not forget how good the Rush actually are. We weren't supposed to win that series, the fact that it was such a close game until the 4th says a lot about the future of this team.

RockStar and chuckster like this.