Cody Jamieson Isn't Good Anymore

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KHawksWin2011, Feb 4, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Many people didn't even have the Hawks making the playoffs this year.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

with the ridiculous mediocri-parity of the East this year, they almost did not make the dance.....

one convincing win in a deciding game, plus taking THE deciding game to clutch time with the result still in some doubt is an acceptable result.

whatever. here's hoping Jamieson sucks all the way to Toronto to solve their general lack of lefty usefulness.

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

The legend grows.

[​IMG]

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I wonder if Jamieson did a shoey in the penalty box.

5. chuckster

I wonder if the fan standing behind Jamieson is yelling "we all know what the A on your jersey stands for". Wings fans have been known to do that. :p

6. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

You know, Cody has a son. I highly doubt he's willing to travel to Halifax, away from his family. And if Styres leaves as rumoured, it's hard to imagine why Jamieson would put up with Rochester's idiot fans calling for his head. If Blaine Manning gets fired and Jamieson's ex-teammate Dan Dawson ends up as the O coach, it might not be as a much of a stretch to get him in T.O. as you might think. Sure, Buffalo might seem good for Jamieson too but who wants to work with Troy Cordingley?

Give Rochester fans what they want: bye bye Cody. And stick the Rock with the loser.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    RockStar likes this.
  7. AmericanRockFan

Jamieson could be Toronto's greatest number 88 since Paul Masotti. I can dig it.

RockStar likes this.
  8. RockStar

I would need a GM that could look past Orangeville talent

9. RockStar

there was Lindros, very briefly, first year past lockout.

damned shame about the injury.....if he had actually played 60 reg season games, that team was in the playoffs and maybe even surprising one or two teams on the way to the eventual faceplant.

10. chuckster

Cody Jamieson goes to the Rock, who do the Rock send back? Tom Schreiber? Adam Jones? Dan Lintner? Two of those three?

Rock don't have a 1st rounder until 2020 and a 1st rounder would likely have to be part of a Cody trade package. Could you do a trade of Adam Jones and the 2020 and 2021 1st rounders to the Hawks for Cody Jamieson? Jamieson is only 30 goals behind Jones for his career (Jones has played 1 more year but Cody missed 1+ years with injury) so maybe it only costs the Rock one first rounder and the Hawks throw in a 1st or 2nd.

11. CrocodileLax

Jones and the 2020/2021 first rounders (or Hickey) for Jamieson and a 2021/22 first rounder doesn't seem that unbalanced. Jones didn't work out for the Rock when it mattered but might click with another team. Jamieson's had some injuries, may want to play closer to his family and may need a change after spending his entire pro career in Rochester.

This may not be as far-fetched an idea as it may seem, not that I actually see it happening.

12. AmericanRockFan

That 2005/06 Leafs team is probably the best Leafs team to not make the playoffs. Had they had that roster in 2003 (Lindros, Allison, O'Neill, etc.), they would've been a serious Cup contender. It's just too bad some of those names were just a little bit past their prime and unable to stay healthy all season long.

13. RockStar

they went into the lockout soooooo woefully unprepared for the eventuality of a hard salary cap. The fact that Quinn was able to assemble that decent a team, under those conditions, and come within one point / last day of the playoffs.

i even think they had a first round win in them......would have faced Ottawa. They had won 8 of 9 against tough opponents leading to playoffs and there was still the mystique of the annual Laff pwnage of Alfredsson and all those other underachievers.

anyway, yeah, we need another legendary 88 some how......and I would love for some of the quality talent from Six Nations and other communities to decide hat Toronto looks like a happy place to play.

never had many, but, even fewer since Bartley passed. Id like to at least have some.......

pissed off that we had two consecutive shtt seasons and the draft pick cupboard is still bare......Staats would have solved at least one major problem by himself.

14. CrocodileLax

I'll bet that some free agents become available as players tire of living away from home in Georgia and Styres' absence from Rochester diminishes the value of playing there.

Interestingly, Dawick does have Johnny Powless playing on Oakville. Powless himself isn't the answer the Rock seek (he plays best with Staats at his side and a trio of Staats, Powless and Jamieson is even better); it just shows Dawick may be broadening his horizons. I can dream ... nah, same old same old in Rockville.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  15. RockStar

I had high hopes for Craig and then Taylor, but, I cannot say that either is better than Mcardle or Reinholdt.....and both of them struggled to find space/touches/effectiveness when so many possessions just died with Jones.....

Need something different there. Powless might be a modest improvement, but, I am not even hugely sure about that

16. CrocodileLax

Powless is average without Staats/Jamieson to elevate his game. There are better options.

17. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

I LOVE that Powless forced his way out of Rochester cause he wanted to be a "star" and now he's like the 6th best forward on his team playing in front of 500 people.

18. CrocodileLax

While I still enjoy Powless' game, he deserved his comeuppance.

19. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Powless isn't good anymore.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  20. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

You know he’s not on Georgia anymore right lol