1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Cody Jamieson Isn't Good Anymore

Discussion in 'Rochester Knighthawks Forum' started by KHawksWin2011, Feb 4, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Personally, I dislike Jamieson for taking Paul Masotti's number 88.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Geez, I wonder what idiotic Hawks fan is calling for Styres to lose Jamieson for nothing. :rolleyes:

3. chuckster

Jamieson IS good and YOU are completely nuts.

4. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

KHawksWinn2011... You are a complete IDIOT. I don’t know you but I HATE you for making me agree with a bunch of bandit and rock fans.

This Hawks team is damn fun to watch BECAUSE we don’t have 1 dominating player taking the lion share of shots. Instead it is a full team effort.

AmericanRockFan likes this.
  5. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

While I actually do agree with KHawksWin2011 that Cody Jamieson is a little overrated and sometimes plays in a manner that hinders his team (ie. when he decides it's time to 1v9 and tries to bulldoze through a bunch of defenders to get off a weak contested shot), the thing is what other lefty on the KHawks can you lean on when the going gets tough? Jackson has those 1v9 syndrome games as well and doesn't do it nearly as well as Jamieson, while Vitarelli and Fannell are more complimentary guys who set picks, grab rebounds, and go hard to the net. The only lefty with the pedigree and talent to be a floor general and top scoring option is Jamieson and the Hawks need to rely on him through thick and thin, and must accept both the good and the bad that comes with him.

Also KHawksWin2011 I don't see how you could possibly watch this game and put the blame on Jamieson. Your team as a whole got outskilled, outhustled, and significantly outplayed. The only Knighthawks defenseman who showed up was Graeme Hossack and he can't prevent the likes of BDS and Paul Dawson from looking like pylons. The only reason the score wasn't more lopsided was because Vinc was solid for the first half stopping like 30 or so shots.

RockStar likes this.
  6. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

What would you rather he do? Not get assists so the Hawks can be down by 18 instead of 8?
    Oh noes. Jamieson didn't look as threatening as the best lefty forward in the league! From the opposing team's perspective, Jamieson was the only lefty that even remotely concerned me. You want to talk about players who don't feel threatening, how about the rest of Rochester's lefties were nonfactors all game long.
    Are you sure those all those people clamouring to lose Jamieson at the expansion draft aren't just your alt accounts? Yeah lets just get rid of the team's most valuable lefty forward for absolutely nothing.

On a side note. Dan Dawson is absolutely terrible now. It's no coincidence that the 2 games he dressed against the Knighthawks, the Rush lost.

RockStar likes this.
  7. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

This is a fair critique of Jamieson, particularly post-injury. He does have great value for any team but he certainly has flaws. Had this been the original post, all I would've done is nod.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    RockStar likes this.
  8. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I’m starting to think khawkswin2011 has a lacrosse IQ lower than Roy

Cody Jamieson is his tim Kelly

The east didn’t have a dominant team that’s why on the last weekend of the season the black wolves could of had the first seed and they are average
    It’s no surprise Rochester got waxed last night the rush are just better

RockStar likes this.
  9. AmericanRockFan

I laughed so hard when I read this.

RockStar likes this.
  10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Cody Jamieson formed Nickleback.

chuckster and RockStar like this.
  11. KHawksWin2011

KHawksWin2011 Member

It's not just Jamieson. There's only a few players on this team that are actually any good and most of them aren't even on offense which is the problem. When your best players are guys like Gillies, Hossack, and Withers, that doesn't bode well. The fact they made it to the championship is a series of flukes that should have probably never happened. They got outed as the impostors they are last night by a far better team.

Knighthawks probably should have not gotten rid of Johnny Powless or Stephen Keogh. That is when everything started going downhill.

KHawkProud - the Rush have Mark Matthews as a clear leader and yet they had over 100 points more among their players throughout the season than we did so not only do they have a dominant player they are also better at giving it a team effort.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Johnny powless isn’t even that good... he just was a beneficiary of being on the team during their 3 peat . He’s an average player

13. chuckster

Curt Styres decided to re-tool the team and he got rid of guys who he didn't think could cut it or would fit with what he wanted. So you have the team you have now and where are they at?? Playing in the finals.

I wish the Bandits would go downhill like that. :rolleyes:

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Powless is an OK utility lefty option, but........there's a number of mid-grade teams that didn't work all that hard to keep him on their roster. He could be the 3rd or 4th lefty on a contending team, or the second lefty on a lousy team.

Keogh is tough to assign value to because it depends on what year, and what his linemates are all about.....He can shoot and score (when it's working), but, he is a shoot first kind of guy and is unlikely to make anyone else on the floor any better.

Some struggles with consistency as well. Looking down the career stats line he - flipflops almost annually between solid 50+ point / 3.5-4 ppg second/third righty optin and forgettable ~30 point 1.5 to 2 ppg righthanded spare part.

Dunno, with the right cast of characters with him, Keogh is maybe a little more than Powless, but, he's also on the wrong side of 30 playing a young man's role in a young man's game.....30 goals/54 points this year, so, he's maybe due for a forgettable 30 point year next season.

Still, I'd trade that big skin banana, Jamieson, for him :D

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  15. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, if we are seriously having a conversation about how a team should have never let go a couple of ~3ppg second/third option attackers, I lean Powless for better floor sense/distribution, youth, consistency, and, lefthandedness.

Hell, he's only 25, despite all his years of experience, so, you can imagine there might even be a few years of upside in his own skill.......then, in an 11 or 13 team league, with lower concentration of star power on offences, plus shtttier defences and shtttier goaltending, maybe a guy like Powless becomes a second level lefty option soon.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  16. AmericanRockFan

I wonder if they'll have a good crowd on Saturday. The lower bowl looks pretty sold, but the upper level leaves a lot to be desired, especially at the ends.

17. chuckster

I might go if I can get my "Cody Jamieson Isn't Good Anymore" t-shirts made in time and I can find a darkly lit parking garage to sell them in.....

RockStar and AmericanRockFan like this.
  18. AmericanRockFan

Maybe a darkly lit parking garage outside of Stock Exchange that connects to the arena via the tunnel?

chuckster and RockStar like this.
  19. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Member

I have faith they will, it seems like they generally get a media bump a day or two before a bigger game like this and with the lower bowl mostly gone, the upper bowl will probably fill decently fast. I also can't think of any other major events happening this weekend, which would lead me to believe there will be a large walkup.

20. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

CODY JAMIESON TOOK THAT PHOTOGRAPH.