Colorado Woes

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by New Fan, Jan 27, 2019.

1. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

The Colorado Mammoth lost last night in OT against the Vancouver Warriors who themselves have been struggling out the gate. Another 1 goal game loss. Up going into the second half and then decided the game was over and sat back and watched a hungry Warriors team take it to them in the second half.
    This has been a crazy start for Colorado. A short practice schedule, same as everyone else. However, a don't play the first game of the season on December 15, due to the strike, play the second week of the schedule (at 1 pm afternoon game), get a bye on the 3rd week of the schedule and play their 4th game another 1 pm start. An inconsistent way to practice and play.

Biggest concern I see in the team is a lack of intensity, commitment to go hard on every shift and battle hard for an entire game. That is on the players and have read some posts on Colorado Mammoth who just don't understand it is the players choice to be fierce competitors. Hell, Coyle, Williams and McBride (coaches) among the most intense players I've ever seen play. They must be tearing their hair out watching the lack of commitment to compete hard on every shift. Never a shift off.

Dhillion Ward one of the best in the league and was laughing at one poster on Twitter who pointed a finger at the cause of losses. D playing well and has basically for 4 or 5 games held the opposition to 10 goals and under. That should win you games in the NLL, which brings us to a huge concern, the offence. Even they can be better when games get tough.

The O has 52 goals in 5 games. Last night again, 25 shots missed off goal. Week before 28 and week previous 30. Absolute poor performances. One player, Benesch with 12 goals, and the supporting cast of 6 have the other 40 goals. Poor decision making, refusal to go to the tough spots on floor, that would be the middle. They have no super star and as a group are not on the same page. Last night was watching and saw time after time poor outside shots and clock management. They need to, in a hurry, figure out how to put the ball in the net. Can't count on your D and goalie to bail you out game after game. Hope the players can look in the mirror and decide lacrosse is a 60 minute game where you win as a team with all players working with intensity and hard work. They have lost 1 game by 3 and 2 losses by 1 goal. Tighten up and they can turn it around. Lots of talent, young and losing Greer, Crawford and Holding was a loss of leadership and character.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  2. Tleewilson3

Tleewilson3 Guest

1. The 2nd half of games have told the story for the Mammoth so far in 2019 They've been behind once (San Diego a Loss) Tied Twice (Lost Both of those Calgary and Toronto) and ahead Twice (Beat Calgary, blew the lead last night against Vancouver) 100 percent agree the Offense is crippling this team right Jeremy Noble and that trade looks awful again as he has another zero goal evening. Rochester won that deal and it's not even close. Gotta wonder if a deal can be made but tbh they can't just stand pat something has to change but i'm not sure if they have any assets or picks to offer.

2. If I'm Dillon Ward I am Furious aside from the 17 goal game against The Seals he's given up 11 ,11, 7 and 11 that's good enough to win almost every night with even an average offense but as stated above the offense has been awful. 12 goals is not an unrealistic expectation at all.

3. Hard to see any changes coming, Pat Coyle is both coach and interim GM since Dan Carey left the team before the season started so I doubt any coaches will get let go as they haven't been with the team for even 1/3rd of a season.

4. Hard to not see this going the way of 2010 again, the Mammoth that year had a really bad offense and lost a bunch of games by 1 or 2 goals, they didn't have an all world goalie on that team like the 2019 team has with Ward. That team lost 6 games by a goal and 1 game by 2 goals, they also had 3 of the 4 wins come in OT (all on the road) so even that team had a spark of clutch in them. That was also a year that way Bob McMahon fired, Steve Govett coach a few games then Bob Hamley get hired on and then bring Bob McMahon back as an assistant coach it was one the saddest more surreal years in sport I've ever witnessed.

3. Bandits37

Bandits37 Active Member

This thread makes me happy heading into Saturday

4. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Nothing better when your in a bit of a slump to play a team back East.

5. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Just think, Sunday AM you will see standings.with your record worse than both expansion teams.

6. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, two teams that have lost some close games this season. Both could easily have winning records or a least 500. Philly playing as best they can and Colorado has yet to reach their potential and play a 60 minute game. Hopefully the Mammoth rights the ship on Saturday night. Couldn't be a better place to get a win.

7. swami24

House will be loud as usual, the wings have the advantage. Records may change as the season goes, but I expect a win tomorrow.

8. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

We'll see about the first part. You can basically buy an entire section if you want to sit in a corner.

9. swami24

It hasn't been nearly that bad so far

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Pick a seat, any seat.

[​IMG]

11. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

Its too early to be worried about attendance.

12. swami24

I am not at all worried. That's still a good crowd

13. Tleewilson3

Tleewilson3 Guest

Mammoth again in a hole trailed 4-0 last week

3-0 this week

Offense has looked pathetic so far

14. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

It’s the half and they actually have a lead. This Offense is a mystery. They have 19 shots on goal and 18 shots off goal. They are basically missing the net 50% of the time. Philly has only missed the net 7 times. I’ve never seen such a lazy group of O guys get off the floor. They jog and leave their D guys out in the cold. Benesch is the absolute laziest player getting off. Coyle should rip a strip off them. D and Ward holding them in the game.

RockStar likes this.
  15. swami24

Wing offense was slow and predictable.

16. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Well, that game didn't work out the way you wanted it to tonight. And, that was with the Colorado Offence missing the net 26 times as well as giving it up numerous times and putting their D outmanned.

17. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Well-Known Member

Kiss of Death.

18. swami24

Wings didnt look anything like last week, last night. Very disappointing, the game should have been a home victory.