Conversations

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by Vin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

In my alerts, I just saw a "Conversation" which is something I never noticed before - probably because I can find no way to navigate to that page.

http://forums.ilindoor.com/conversations/

So, other than knowing the URL, how would one navigate to that Conversations page from either ILIndoor.com or forums.ilindoor.com?

I am guessing you just go to your Inbox?

Maybe that's where I saw it and not via Alerts... I don't remember.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

"Conversations" the the new word for "PM's". It should show up if you hover the mouse over "Inbox".

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm in the mood for thoughtful and intelligent conversation.

theSloth likes this.
  4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Let's talk about how the 2012-2014 Knighthawks won 3 titles in a row without having a single good player on the roster.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    k-hawksfan33 and RockStar like this.
  5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Zing!

6. AmericanRockFan

There should be a roundtable discussion on the matter at the Stock Exchange before a game some day. It can be like a Jordan Peterson style chat.

7. theSloth

theSloth Member

Surely, you don't mean on the internet?

8. AmericanRockFan

My idea of quality conversation on the internet is a cute girl sliding into my DMs and providing me with tasteful and artistic pictures of herself.

On a serious note, anyone who reads the crap I post on here and doesn't know me in real life must think I'm a massive douche.

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  9. You must not live anywhere near where I live.
    Around me, there are tons of horny adult singles looking to meet, I get tons of those DM's

10. AmericanRockFan

Tinder around here sucks. But I'll tell you when I was in Toronto for UFC 231, I could've had my pick of a horde of nice ladies. My phone wouldn't stop alerting me of new matches the entire weekend. Folks who live in big cities don't realize how good they have it.

11. For sure, (i live in BF, Nowhere) I was reffering to the spam emails and spam advertisement on adult websites

12. AmericanRockFan

Sounds like someone speaking from experience o_O

Who ya got in the Ngannou-Velasquez fight this weekend?

BestSeatinHouse likes this.
  13. i have this "friend"... he complains about it all the time... his computer is always slow, so many viruses

Im thinking Velasquez (as long as its the same Cain we saw before his time off), his wrestling and the pace he puts on guys has always been his biggest strengths. Ngannou (typically) struggles against wrestlers and has poor cardio.

HOWEVER, Ngannou starched Curtis Blaydes (a dominant wrestler) inside of the first round,

If Cain comes in with alot of ring rust (Almost 3 years since he faught Travis browne) and isnt quick to find his timing, and distance I could see Ngannou winning with another spectacular KO (think Overeem-esque highlight). Cain has been knocked out before, by JDS but keep in mind hes no slouch in the power department.

But if this fight goes past the first round I think Cain takes him into deep waters and smothers him. Being underneath a high level grappler for that long will force an inexperienced fighter to gas out quick.

TLDR: 9/10 times I say Cain (atleast the Cain we know from the past) beats Ngannou (IMO)

14. AmericanRockFan

I agree with your analysis pretty much. If the prime version of Cain, and especially the one who mauled Travis Browne, shows up then Ngannou probably isn't getting past the second or third round. But at the same time, if Ngannou has improved his wrestling (which to be honest, probably even improved wrestling isn't going to stop Cain - I think it'd just delay the inevitable) and can land a punch similar to how JDS landed one on Cain in their first matchup, then I can see Ngannou winning this.

Personally, I want Ngannou to win since he's probably my favorite heavyweight right now (I do like Stipe too, since I got a pair of gloves signed by him a couple months ago) and because you know Velasquez and Cormier aren't fighting any time soon, so a Cormier-Ngannou matchup intrigues me. But....I think Velasquez wins this more often than not. To me, it comes down to how rusty, if there's any rust on him at all, Cain is come Sunday night. At this point it's not just rust that can be a concern, it's age as well, although heavyweights seem to peak later than the other weight classes do it seems.

15. Very true, Heavyweight is a weird weight class when it comes to age, prime, fitness, ability, athleticism etc.

They pushed Ngannou way to hard way to fast, which is partially because the heavyweight division is so shallow for talent

IF it was a perfect world the winner of Velasquez ( vs Ngannou would fight Stipe for the #1 contender slot and fight DC once his back heals.

BUT:
    - we both know Cain wont fight DC
    -DC wants to fight Brock
    -Dana wants DC to fight JBJ
    -Stipe deserves a rematch against DC but wont get it right away

16. AmericanRockFan

I'd like to see Stipe take a fight while he waits for DC. I get that he was the longest reigning heavyweight champion in the company's history, and that he was winning the fight up until he was KOed by Cormier, but I kinda they should just put him in with someone else in the top 10-15 - maybe someone like Marcin Tybura (which should be an easy win), Curtis Blaydes (both coming off of losses it'd make sense, and again Stipe should win) or even the winner of JDS-Lewis.

Usually I'm opposed to someone getting an immediate rematch, but Miocic's case is one of the rare cases I'm okay with it because he was the longest reigning champ and cause the heavyweight division doesn't have much in the way of depth at the higher level right now.

In hindsight they definitely did push Ngannou too quickly, but I don't fault them for putting him in with Miocic when they did since there weren't many, if any, other options at the time. It was pretty obvious they wanted Ngannou to win that night too since they had posters of him for sale (for $20 too, compared the typical event poster price of $10 at the time) but they didn't have posters of Miocic for sale :rolleyes:

17. AmericanRockFan

In the meantime, everyone admire the sweet setup I have in my room:
    [​IMG]

I wish they sold these posters on the UFC's website. I'm always paranoid I'm gonna lose one and won't be able to get a replacement.

18. unspoken

unspoken Member

Nice. I have the poster and program from every UFC I attended and fear the same thing. Although the ones I really fear about losing are the ones from the Pearl Jam concerts I've attended. Very difficult to find some of the old ones and huge $ if you do find them.

19. AmericanRockFan

I actually tried to buy a UFC Utica poster at the event but they sold me a Conor McGregor poster by mistake (not the worst thing ever, since that McGregor poster can go for good money on eBay). Needless to say when I discovered the error the next morning, I was obsessed and relentless until I tracked one down about 6-7 weeks later. That mishap by the person at the merch stand showed me how much I love my poster collection - definitely too much.

I don’t think they sell programs at fights anymore, except for really big events. They had generic ones at UFC Utica and UFC 231, but they didn’t have lineup cards or anything which surprised me. I get that nearly everyone has a smart phone now to look up the card online but I like having a small something like that as a souvenir.

20. unspoken

unspoken Member

That's too bad about the programs although I haven't been to one in a while. My last one was the fight night with the main event of Max Holloway vs. Charles Oliveira where Oliveira got hurt 90 seconds in. Maybe they just became less popular of a souvenir item and weren't selling well so they dropped them.