Could the Shamrox come back??

Discussion in 'Chicago Shamrox Forum' started by raptorspike, Apr 19, 2009.

1. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

Given they were actually attempting an advertising campaign before the 2009 season, could there still be a chance of the 2010 season for the 'Rox? Maybe a resurgance of interest in the sport with the Fann Cup coming to the region? Maybe finding an owner thats willing to stick with the team?

2. MILLwasbetter

MILLwasbetter Active Member

if they do it better be in downtown chicago and not in hoffman

3. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

I don't think downtown would work. The United Center has the Blackhawks and the Bulls occupying almost every decent date. If the Shamrox were to move anywhere, it should be to the Allstate Arena. Currently it only has two teams, the Wolves and the Depaul Blue Demons. But whereever they would move to if they come back, there needs to be a serious ad campaign. Bulletin boards, TV ads during local news sports segments, newspaper ads. Free tickets to local high school and college lacrosse teams. If this campaign went into effect, they could easily succeed at the Sears Centre

4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Meh. Philly, Boston, Colorado and Toronto share their building with the NHL and the NBA.

5. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

But here in Chicago, the UC is the venue of choice for inside events of any major caliber. The Allstate gets a few concerts, but have a lot of vacancies because of the lack of our AFL team. Even if the AFL came back to the AA, there's a very good chance the Rox and the Rush wouldn't have interfering schedules. But I still say that the Rox should stay at the Sears Centre, but the ownership would really need to plug the team in advertising. I wouldn't have even heard of the team had I not been paying attention to the new venue.

6. Steepo78

Steepo78 New Member

I hope they come back, I am still waiting for my season ticket refund!

7. Fabio gump

Fabio gump New Member

If your still waiting for a refund, I think you should of contacted you local/state A.G. by now.

8. Steepo78

Steepo78 New Member

They have been contacted. I also heard class action is also in the works.

9. laundrytime

laundrytime New Member

I know how you feel, steepo - I am also still waiting for my money back and continue to hit dead ends trying to get it. The he said/he said going on right now between the league and what is left of the franchise is ridiculous.

The Shamrox will never come back unless new owners are found. Considering the team has been for sale since late 2008 and nobody has stepped up, I highly doubt it will happen.

Lacrosse is growing steadily in the Chicago area - the Shamrox problem was a complete lack of marketing. You can't expect to build a fanbase by throwing up a couple billboards on the tollway and expect 9,000 per night to show up like magic.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

cant imagine they are coming back lol
    seeing their turf is now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Indoor-Lacrosse-...3%3A1|294%3A50

11. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

Exactly. I only really remember ads going up to opening night. No TV deal, near nil on local sports. There was a major dropping of the ball. I still think they should have gotten the last NW Wildcats Women's championship team, throw some 'Rox jerseys on them, and put them on the sidelines. Take this to the bank: if raptorspike wins the lottery in the next year, the Shamrox are coming back to the Sears Centre with a good ad campaign

12. Titansfan

Titansfan New Member

This is insane. You mean that people put up money for season tickets, the Shamrox fold, and then these individuals lose their money. If this is the case, why would anyone put up money in advance for season tickets for a team from a league or team that is not exactly stable. No offense to the NLL but you cannot have teams constantly folding and expect a high level of trust from fans. NY/NJ is an example of having teams with no stability. You had the Saints, Storm, and now the possibility of the Titans leaving.

13. laundrytime

laundrytime New Member

Trust me, I have learned my lesson - I will never purchase season tickets again unless it is a major league/college sport. I almost bought Chicago Slaughter (arena football) and Chicago Machine (MLL) season tickets before this happened - now I would never even consider it. I only have season tickets for Illinois football - I don't think they'll be disbanding the team before September!

The Shamrox and the NLL are trying to sweep this under the rug and focus their attention on other things, like the lawsuit currently in process betwen the two sides. :mad:

14. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

15. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

a shame that they couldn't evenb treat their sth's right. if the rox has $$ for lawyers, they have the $$ to refund your deposits unless they are chpt 11 and you'll stand in line w/ other creditors.

16. raptorspike

raptorspike Member

f'n A! Why couldn't we have had an ownership group that wanted to keep the team in Chicago? Putting money into advertising, getting the name out there, etc. No, we have an Atlanta-based group that had secret intents to move the team. GRRR!! Maybe we'll get lucky and get an owner for 2010 or 2011 that takes the reins in chicago and bring back the name. Hey, it worked for the Blazers!

17. Steepo78

Steepo78 New Member

Next time I will pay the down payment by credit card. I have heard all those people have been refunded, it is the people who paid by check and cash who are still waiting.

18. RATYM

RATYM New Member

You had Billboards!!....even the Bandits Mascott didnt get put on a billboard with all the other mascotts let alone one with the Bandits on one..? :doh:

19. Corporal

Corporal Active Member

Update on ticket refunds

Chicago Shamrox season ticket-holders have no luck with refunds

This is an article written by a consumer affairs wirter in the Chicago Tribune after people wrote him about the Shamrox situation.

20. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

man these guys make me miss gongas, reinhart and dolgon.:doh:

i will repeat, if you $$ for your lawyers, you have the $$ for the sths.