1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

crowley is having a remarkable winter

Discussion in 'New England Black Wolves Forum' started by dougm, Apr 15, 2018.

1. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

his hard outside shot is a joy to behold. this is his best goal scoring season and there are still games to play. but given that he has been their only consistent sniper, you would imagine he is getting extra attention. the last team having a lone wolf attackman were the ny saints with roy colsey. i am talking about 15 years ago. roy scored a bushel and the saints lost a bushel. so far, the blackwolves are matching mediocrity with other eastern division teams' mediocrity. but if NBW want to go deep in the playoffs, you need more from more.

2. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Yes, Crowley has been superb, especially with Evans gone. Evans has been largely average so far in Buffalo, I think.

3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

1g1a in a 7 goal loss like Saturday is a standard Evans non factor game

4. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

He's going to look great with the Wings next year.

Tom Wersderfer likes this.
  5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I still would have rather kept Crawford. If the rumor about Evans coming to NE camp this year overweight and out of shape is true, Chugger was stupid to make that trade. Plus, Evans is best as the go to guy on the right side but when you already have Dhane Smith there, that creates a problem. Crawford was likely fine with not being the go to guy.

6. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Yes, Crawford seemed to fit in fine. On paper, I still like the deal--Evans 2 years younger, but I wonder if Evans most productive years are behind him. Of course, if not the go to guy, his personal numbers will drop.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

If the physical condition story is true, and, if Evans doesn't whip himself back into shape, maybe NE wins this trade.

Otherwise, I think the Bandits got the guy with the better stick.......just with he and Smith on the left side of the rink, you might get the kind of dynamic that there was in Calgary with two dominant righties, and, the lefties rarely see the ball enough to be really effective.

8. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

And that wouldn't be good, IMO. You want defenses to have to respect both sides of the floor. If all your firepower comes from the right side, that's where the opposing D is going to go. And on the Bandits left side is Jones, Byrne and Durston and they can all score when the ball comes their way. Crawford would have been the guy distributing all over the floor.

At this point, the age thing isn't a concern for me as much as the mindset of what they do with the ball and whether they're in top physical shape to be effective.

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

1D57819B-1DE0-4522-BBAC-9795AF92CF33.jpeg Delicious can’t wait to see him in a wings jersey