Darris Kilgour For Wings Coach?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by RockyMaivia, Dec 17, 2017.

1. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

THE ARDMORE ARDVARK WAS WONDERING IF DARRIS COULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR THE WINGS. HARD HITTING, LOUD, SMASH MOUTH STYLE FOR THE SMASH MOUTH, LOUD, HARD HITTING, HARD DRINKING FANS. PLUS HIS COACH APPOINTMENT INTENSIFIES THE INSTANT RIVALRY WITH BARFALO.

THOUGHTS?

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

He might be the best guy that is unemployed right now. I think he'd work well with a young team, as long as he and the GM could work together finding his guys.

I was contemplating him as a replacement O coach for Toronto.

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Old school Wings fans would probably not go for it but if Darris wants to coach again and he has his demons under control, he could have his choice between the Wings or spend much of his winter in San Diego. Richie and JT could also be options......if Wings fans can forget the past.

4. RockStar

Please give Manning a head coach offer. He is un-fireable, and, I really want to see something different.......it has not been good since 2015.

5. RockyMaivia

I WAS THINKING MAYBE DARRIS KILGOUR AS HEAD COACH, PERHAPS JOSH BERGEY AS OFFENSIVE COACH, KEVIN FINNERAN AS GM, AND MAYBE JOHNNY CHRISTMAS AS THE DEFENSE COACH.

NOSTALGIA, BITCHES. NO-*******-STALGIA.

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

So I guess that would mean Tony Resch would be a No?? :p

7. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

So Austin Eliuk as the goalie coach?

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  8. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

it would be entertaining :)

9. swami24

Entertaining is a good thing.

dougm likes this.
  10. RockyMaivia

HOUSTON ELIUK TOO!

11. swami24

We will take an el paso on any other eliuk

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Glad I didn’t sarcastically say Dave Huntley the other day
    Rip

13. RockStar

i would have actually liked to see what Huntley could do with enough budget to import a few extra depth players, and run a full speed midweek Ontario practice for that half of the team

not even Bartley himself was doing much better than .500 with any of those Wings teams.

14. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

2008 team was solidly Canadian and that was a juggernaut except for blaisdell who was shot.
    2009 and onwards the team drifted but he gave guys like jim borrell, pat heim, legit shots to make it in the nll. Huntley played at johns Hopkins when few thought that the indoor game had any merit compared to field. he knew what it was to be a 'project' and probably empathized more with American laxers trying to learn box.

15. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

He also ran his kid out there almost every offensive possession, even though it was clear the kid had no business being in the NLL.

16. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Just saw Darris do an interview in Florida with Casey Powell on his Facebook page and Darris looks like he’s homeless and gained 100 pounds.

17. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm not terribly shocked. I saw a piece on Steve Fannell a while back, who apparently might be homeless in the St. Catharines area per the article, and Kilgour was quoted as saying that Fannell knows he can reach out to him if he needs help. Just how much trouble do you have to be in if Darris Kilgour is offering to help you??

Do you have a link to this interview? I looked for it quickly at work but couldn't immediately find it.

18. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

this is true. kevin was dynamite in college and the mll but seemed uninspired, or to be honest lazy, when it came to the nll.

19. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I don’t, I’m friends with Casey on Facebook and he just posted it on his page, there’s no way to copy the link or anything.

20. GoodsOnSabres

GoodsOnSabres Member

Eric has talked about how Steve is no longer in his life.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/men/ohio-states-eric-fannell-i-love-lacrosse-more-than-myself