Dead on here

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by Niagra Ned, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned Member

No posts in 30 days for the mamouth? The attendance in Buffalo is superior to Colorado. Same with fan input I guess. Lots of empty seats in Colorado when I watch. What happened??

2. TheRockMan

TheRockMan Active Member

someone told me different reasons, different PA guy, mainly price increases, bad customer services is what i heard

3. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

If anybody told you they gave up tickets due to Willie B being gone, then tell them good riddance. If anything, he chased fans away by being a douchebag encouraging fans to be douchebags.

But yeah, the prices have been a big stickler for a lot of people I know, mostly in how they've been jacked up about as badly as rent has in town over the last couple of years. Not winning a single playoff game since the Cup in 2006 hasn't helped any either.

4. jetman

jetman Active Member

The Bandits have increased attendance this year by giving some pretty sweet ticket deals - $15 lower level end seats for this Saturday's game, for instance. Those deals, plus a more entertaining product, equals better fan support. I think that, for the most part, there's an upper limit that the fans are willing to pay for what is (unfortunately) considered a minor-league sport.

5. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Buffalo's play at home has been much better under Troy and that has certainly help bring the fans back. We had home records of 6-3 in 2014 and 7-2 in 2015. 2014 was our first winning season at home since 2009.

6. blake1827

blake1827 Member

After having season tix from '04-15, we gave them up this year.
    My reasons:
    1. They haven't won a playoff game since '06 which is completely inexcusable. Everyone knows the regular season is a joke when it's nearly impossible to miss the playoffs.
    2.SG at the helm has run the franchise into the ground imo with giving up first round draft picks and drafting poorly. Focusing the team/franchise around JGJ and all the mindless hero worship that goes along with it (see point #1). Doing stupid stuff like letting Prout go or getting Casey Powell to occasionally fly in from sunny FL for a game if he felt like it. The merry go round of head coaches, and assistants.
    3.Prices, they have gone up significantly and if your not a STH buying single game tix is on par what I paid to see the Rock in TOR or Swarm in MN. Kroenke sports as a whole seems to think they can keep flooding the market with garbage teams and a few marque names. Almost like he's in cahoots with the Monforts for most inept sports team in Denver.
    4. For his faults my SO loved Willie B and he did a outstanding job getting the whole arena fired up.
    5. All the other stupid bush league gimmicks, EVERY night is a theme night, every game likely has a different one off jersey that's sure to be auctioned off. When John Gallant quietly retired it was never even mentioned even though he should be voted into HOF or have his jersey retired. Lame season ticket holder gifts and the hassle of getting them. Security at the Pepsi Center and the push for using Kroenkes flashseat system to eliminate paper tix. No effort put into halftime entertainment, they haven't had any new ideas for promotions or anything for a long time.
    6. Lastly as others have mentioned they killed their own forum opting for social media. SG would actually answer fans questions thoughtfully and I met several people IRL and people had real discussions about the team.
    end rant

7. Grantjr24

Grantjr24 New Member

i 100% agree with everything you just said. I still have my tickets but i still agree.

8. TheRockMan

TheRockMan Active Member

well i'll see the experience first hand on the 23rd, i was there in 2012, hope Grant Jr is playing then

9. silvanthalas

silvanthalas Active Member

Well, since the Mammoth abhor success, I fully expect them to lose to Calgary in the opening round of the playoffs for the 7th time in the last 10 years. The fact that I'm going to miss that game is probably for the best.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I think you're a catfish, given the fact you can't spell Niagara or St. Catharines correctly.

11. TheRockMan

TheRockMan Active Member

then if they manage to beat Calgary they have 2 games with the rush wont be easy, personally i want a Buffalo and Sask Final and possible home foloor for buffalo so i can attend more games there :)

12. AmericanRockFan

This turf in Colorado looks rather obnoxious with that mammoth logo (pun intended?).

13. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Low crowed last night the NLL might be on the way out if Colorado cant draw even

14. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

And seeing as Georgia had just under 2,400 last night, it's hard to think the NLL will be easy to sell to new owners.

15. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Their crowd was about 1,000 less last week vs NE
    The mammoth continuously losing at home is prolly a reason

16. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

12,000 in Buffalo second straight drop in attendance other than the Rush the NLL looks to by waning.

17. AmericanRockFan

To liven up this dead Mammoth forum, I have this question to ask:

How come the Rock and the Mammoth practically never play against one another?

Since the Mammoth entered the league in 2003, they've only played 7 times (8 including a playoff meeting), and they've only played each other 4 times over the past 5 seasons after playing each other only 3 times during the regular season between 2003-2011...

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They've played each other at least once in 2015 and 2016, and will do so again this year. I think for previous years, the league was trying to get the Rock 2 games each vs. Calgary and the Rush to create a Canadian rivalry while also trying to get the Rock 4 games against the Bandits and Hawks. Getting a game vs. The Mammoth was not working out because of that and the way the league was putting the schedule together. But with 4 teams now in the West, I think each East team plays each West team at least once as a minimum but it's still not balanced well.

19. AmericanRockFan

That's probably the most logical explanation right there, and it makes total sense. I was just surprised when I was looking at some prior schedules and I realized that the Mammoth have only come to Toronto 3 times over the past 14 seasons before visiting this season. Mind you, the Mammoth are 5-2 all-time against the Rock so perhaps it's not a bad thing that they never seem to cross paths :p

20. Mtn_Scott

Mtn_Scott Active Member

That would be part of Mammoth Fans frustrations. While they were working the "Canadian rivalry" We were playing the stealth 5 times, and whatever random expansion team five times, Rarely seeing anyone different (i.e. Eastern teams, namely the rock). I was sick of constantly playing the same teams. Let me see all the big names and talent.

RockStar likes this.