Dead on here

Discussion in 'Colorado Mammoth Forum' started by Niagra Ned, Apr 9, 2016.

1. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Only this moron league could have nine teams and NOT just have every team home-and-home with every other team for a nice, compact 16 game regular season.

2. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Mammoth acquired Steven Keough from Rochester for a 1st and 2nd.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I feel like Colorado gave up too much, but I'm not really that up to date on what the currency of a player like Keogh is in the NLL's trade market anymore.

For Colorado's present squad, however, it looks like they just got a quality depth player.

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

It may not have been a depth move - with Grant, Noble, and Crawford all injured (I have no idea how badly Crawford is hurt), they may have felt like they had to overpay a bit just so Zack Greer isn't the only forward with more than one year of experience. That said, I'm not sure they overpaid. Keogh's a hell of a player.

5. AmericanRockFan

Yeah, I didn't realize how depleted they are until just now. I knew Grant was out but didn't realize the severity of the others. It looks like it was a desperation move of sorts, and Rochester took advantage of that.

But if a guy who's career high in points is 56 nets you a 1st and a 2nd, then what would a grade A premium talent fetch in a trade?

6. RockStar

depends which team needs a body and which way he shoots the ball :)

overpaid, yes, but, no choice......need a veteran righty to help plug a big hole for several games in the core of the season.

this probably hurts Rochester this year, but, **** it.....they certainly weren't built to win in 2017, so, this pick is a huge asset for the second year of a major rebuild

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  7. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

So Coyle's the new head coach... Who got fired for some reason I couldn't find anything

8. AmericanRockFan

Did they get rid of their three headed head coaching thing and finally assign defined roles? I always had the vibe that Coyle was the real leader behind the bench anyways.

9. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

Gill and Stroup remain on the staff as assistant coaches.

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

If you are going to over pay this may be the season to do it with the two east front runners having young teams the west final might be the real championship

11. AmericanRockFan

So the Mammoth have been in the league for 15 years now, and Friday marks just the 8th all-time meeting between the Rock and the Mammoth. Colorado seems to have Toronto's number all-time, having taken 5 of 7 overall and 2 of the 3 in Toronto.

12. RockStar

what happens to the all time record if we go back to Power/Crossefire/?Thunder? vs Rock?

yeah, though, call me a fan that is ******* sick of seeing Buffalo and Rochester twice per year and Colorado three times in 15 years

13. AmericanRockFan

If you include Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Washington, then the Rock are 6-9 all-time against the Mammoth and 4-3 all-time in Toronto. They were 4-4 all-time against the pre-Mammoth version of the Mammoth, and 3-1 in Toronto.