1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Pool (no, not the movie)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by fandit, Sep 3, 2017.

1. wacklax

wacklax Member

Damned shame

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

BB King has hopefully found a new thrill, other than Blueberry Hill

3. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Did you mean Fats Domino?

4. swami24

Wow, that was a bad entry, but Bb is also gone.

5. swami24

Robert Blakely, the guy they designed the ubiquitous black and yellow , circle with triagles, fallout shelter sign died at 95.

6. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

8. swami24

That's ridiculous. There were many other/later people who used faith for the purpose of profit, but Graham was grounded in faith. Yup he made a lot of money, but I never considered him.one.of the charlatans.

9. RockStar

as far as those guys go, I figured Graham walked the talk better than most others.

10. Wings-4-Life

Recently deceased: Canada's gold medal dreams in women's hockey and men's curling.

11. RockStar

How is the US Men's team doing?

12. Wings-4-Life

The same as always.

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I had someone at work tell me that Team USA should've just sent the World Juniors squad over there to play in the Olympics this year....

14. RockStar

I thought Canada's should have been the top half of their U20 Junior team blended with the top half of their Spengler Cup team.

They've done OK so far, but, there's limited scoring punch, and, they are a very old team to play this many high level games in this short a tourney.

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Going into the tournament, I felt it was Russia's tournament to lose, pretty much since they were able to field the closest thing to an NHL caliber club.

16. swami24

I certainly would.have loved to see Carter Hart play in the Olympics.

17. swami24

Frank Avrush, best known as Tv's Bozo the clown dies at 89. He played Bozo from 59 to 70, when there was little else for us tots to watch on tv. Being a Bozo has carried such a negative connotation, but the show was great for kids..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  18. swami24

Bob Dorough, a name I never knew before today, passed. He wrote the tunes and lyrics for School House Rock. I can still recite most of the Preamble of the Constitution, but only to his tune.

19. swami24

Condolences on the passing of a Dem political operative who worked to discredit Rep political figuresi the 70s. He was from Arizona, so will be buried in a condo made of stone? Dick Tuck has been stashed away. I wonder if he is hanging left or right?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018