Dead Pool XL

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by The_Vukster, Jun 9, 2016.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

W4life missed on captain Noah last week.

2. couts71

couts71 Member

Congrats W4L

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

4. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Only 7 people played Dead Pool 40? I remember when this thread had 25+ players in it.

I miss the old message board days :(

5. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

Yeah...so many people dropped out and the boards are so quiet, so I didn't think there was still much interest in it.

6. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

In other words, choosing Dead Pool XLI would have won you Dead Pool XLI :eek:

7. The_Vukster

LOL...now that was funny!

8. Vin

Vin Active Member

9. Vin

Vin Active Member

10. The_Vukster

Actor Bill Paxton and actor and basketball player Neil Fingleton just passed.

11. The_Vukster

Also Judge Wapner died at 91.

[​IMG]

12. Vin

Vin Active Member

Two comments:
    1. The 36-year old 7-foot-7 Fingleton was on Game of Thrones, I believe. I never watch the show, but I believe his NYT obit said that. He died of heart failure.
    2. In Apollo 13, Bill Paxton played astronaut Fred Haise. Fred is still alive at 83 despite almost dying in an extraordinary way (in space with the whole world watching), yet 47 years later, despite all of those technological improvements since 1970, Bill is dead at age 61 from "complications from surgery".

13. Vin

Vin Active Member

Wapner was 97.

14. swami24

0 minutes to Wapner..

15. The_Vukster

Ha ha! Nice reference! Forgot about that.

16. Vin

Vin Active Member

I don't get it...

17. The_Vukster

Rainman.

18. Vin

Vin Active Member

Oh yeah. I never saw Rainman completely. It was on a few months ago, but I wasn't watching closely. However, on one of those Hollywood news shows, they discussed Wapner's death and showed a scene where Tom Cruise asked to go into some strange woman's home just to watch The People's Court otherwise Dustin Hoffman's character was going to have a meltdown right there on her porch because he was missing it.

19. The_Vukster

Wow! Saturday night we were out with another couple and we were talking about Chuck Berry dying. I joked to my buddy..."Oh, the host of the Gong Show". Ironically, Chuck Barris died yesterday.

The host of “The Gong Show” and the creative force behind “The Dating Game,” “The Newlywed Game” and many other game shows died of natural causes Tuesday at 87 in Palisades, N.Y., his publicist announced.

Barris loaded ’60s and ’70s television with game shows, and later made waves when in an autobiography he claimed to be an assassin for the CIA, which the agency flatly denied. This book was adapted into a feature film “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.”

[​IMG]

20. swami24