Dead Pool XXIX

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by The_Vukster, Mar 24, 2013.

1. ParrotBayTaz

ParrotBayTaz New Member

I think Zsa Zsa died 3 times during this pool

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

My guy made a full recovery. :(

3. MCO Titans

MCO Titans Banned

We have chosen poorly....

4. The_Vukster

The_Vukster Active Member

Well....the guy who just died (Norton) had broken my guys nose once (Ali). I am getting close, right? :rolleyes:

5. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

somebody needs to pick me because Philadelphia Sports will kill me eventually

6. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Tom Clancy dead at 66

I guess he realized the Sum of All his Fears because he didn't see the Clear and Present Danger. I think now he'd be hunting for any October at this point let alone Red October.

7. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

NVA General Vo Nguyen Giap, Who Ousted U.S. From Vietnam, Is Dead

Not sure, but we may have an "honorable mention" because I think someone picked this guy before: North Vietnamese Army General Vo Nguyen Giap has died.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/world/asia/gen-vo-nguyen-giap-dies.html?ref=obituaries

8. The_Vukster

Hmmm...a search did not identify any other threads with "Giap".

9. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

7 - 6 = 1

Hard to believe, but M. Scott Carpenter, one of the "Mercury Seven" astronauts, has died. The last living member of that group is John Glenn. Scott Carpenter is in the front row right. John Glenn is immediately to his right (our left). Alan Shepard, first US astronaut in space in the back row, far left, and was the moon golfer and chosen as commander of the Apollo 14 mission. Virgil Grissom is next to Shepard and he died in 1967 in Apollo 1.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  10. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Abraham Nemeth, Creator of a Braille Code for Math, Is Dead at 94

I had never heard of this guy, but I am glad that I learned of him if only because of his obituary. I never though about the blind doing math would be difficult especially since one great Soviet mathematician, Lev Pontryagin, was blind since 14 and he changed the world (even though you might not realize it).

11. Fabio gump

Fabio gump New Member

12. the doctor

the doctor New Member

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that in the NY Times. They did a nice obituary and explained the origin of the name of the company, Haribo, that makes Gummi Bears.

It comes from Hans Riegel's father, also named Hans Riegel, and the fact that the company if from Bonn, Germany: HAns RIegel BOnn.

14. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Ed Lauter died! With Paul Gleason and Ed Lauter gone, who's our next go-to character actor for when we need a bad guy who might have a hint of a softer or fallible side? (Both died of mesothelioma, BTW....)

15. The_Vukster

Wow!!:eek: I have never seen quite as long a list of credits as his, including Captain John Sebastian Cain from BJ and the Bear and its spinoff The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo (or later just Lobo).

16. the doctor

the doctor New Member

17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

18. MHowe

MHowe Member

Surprised no one said anything about Casey Kasem. They say he only has a few months to live. Link

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

He wasn't in anyone's Top 40 picks.

20. Canadan

Canadan New Member

Bum Phillips.....1923-2013 (Friday 18th)