Draft fantasy league software

Discussion in 'NLL Fantasy and Contests Forum' started by Necks, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Necks

Necks New Member

Last year I modified some open source online fantasy football (phpffl) software to work with box lacrosse format. We used it for an NLL draft fantasy league last season and it worked great. I'm migrating it to a new server this year, which takes enough work that I thought I could generalize it and release it if there is any interest from others. What I'm looking for is interest-- If no one wants this, there's no point in me "publishing" it.

It's not perfect, but the software includes:

Live draft
    Trades, waiver wire, and draft picks
    Weekly lineup team picks with configurable #players in each position (forward, defense, transition and goalie)
    Configurable roster sizes
    Configurable points for any stat shown on pointstreak (currently g, a, pim, shots, SOG, soff, s%, ppg, ppa, shg, sha, gwg, team win, LB, TO, CTO, if pointstreak keeps these)
    Live, real time scoring based on Pointstreak website (updates every minute right now, but theoretically configurable. I can't guarantee this will work next season)
    Any schedule you want to create
    Chat/smack talk feature
    Team logos!
    Team stats, player stats
    Multiple leagues and seasons (theoretically, I haven't really tested this functionality)
    Multiple languages, if someone is willing to translate (currently supports english, some german, and pig latin)
    More things, that I'm probably forgetting. Feel free to ask if it has something.

Here's what you need to know to set it up:
    How to configure a SQL server, including security
    How to configure a PHP website, including security
    Some minor SQL stuff to create the schedules or make any changes if needed to fix bugs.

The thing is, I'm not a programmer, so this thing is not perfect (some parts of it are downright UGLY, programming/scripting wise). It worked for us for a full season, but it's ultimately modded for our needs. I cannot fully support it, so there's no warranty or anything. If there's bugs or changes, I can try to fix them but again, this is not my area of expertise. Also, this whole thing is unofficial, so the league/pointstreak could break compatibility at any time (especially since there is no API, I pull stats via HTML, which is ugly but necessary). If anyone has experience with PHP programming, and is interested in supporting this, I would be happy to hand it over to them!

Here's what it looks like right now:

phpffl.png

Thoughts?

(Thanks to the phpffl team for making this possible)

2. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

So I personally would love to see some type of fantasy sports for lacrosse and especially box lacrosse. I think it fits right in with the rest of the sports and this could keep people's interest in there.

Is your league open to more participants this year? I was thinking about doing something myself this year possibly among a few of us in the Black Wolves fan club but I'm thinking it might be good to do a test run myself on a season before suggesting it to the larger group. My original idea was do just do all the stats on paper after all games completed but heck if you got the software working and all, it might not be a bad thing to try to piggyback off later with your approval of course. Anyway let me know if youd be willing for more teams to join cause I think that would be fun!

3. Necks

Necks New Member

Our league is pretty closed, but I know that the original phpffl software had the ability to have more than one league on a single instance, but in my modifications last year I didn't consider it an important feature, so I don't know how much of it works or still works.

If you want to check out the software ahead of the season, go to http://patrickthechamp.com and click "sign up" at the top. I'll approve the account and try adding you to multiple leagues. I can make you (or anyone else who wants) into a regular user for our orange cup league so you can see what it's like, and if you want you can also create a second account which I will point towards a new test league to show what it takes to set up once installed. Theoretically they could both be one account, but I seem to have disabled the ability to change current league at some point.