1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Drafts

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by swami24, Jun 2, 2018.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

So we have number 2 in the entry, and 1 in the expansion.. let the discussion begin.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Typical Wings. Can't win anything.

3. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Rights to Rabil and Jordan hall
    Let’s **** it from the very start

4. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I wonder why Paul Day wasn't on the floor for the toss....

Wings should still get a really good player at #2.

5. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I think the Wings lost a big one tonight. If Staats comes out, there is NO WAY than any expansion player is up to his level. He is once in a generation player. San Diego made out big tonight. And Merrill for sure will take Staats as they have a relationship already as he coaches him in junior. And don't think that Merrill is not in his ear encouraging him to declare.

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

if any kid passes up a free college education for a career in pro lacrosse, that is a mistake for 99% of them.

RockStar likes this.
  7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

further chat...conor fields knee is a concern and i love ben reeves, that kid is going to find the cure for some disease some day. so top 3 are all ???. folks trevor baptiste but he did not dominate in his mll debut. the best mll debut might had been vermont's ian mackay.

8. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Silver lining is the Wings will probably end up with a very solid & experienced player having the 1st pick in the expansion draft. Which is huge for a new team. I'm sure there's at least one team that will have to let go of a decent player that they don't really want to simply due to the restrictions of who you can protect.

9. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

I agree but guys like Johnny Powless and Christian DelBianco have done it so it’s not unprecedented.

10. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

At least there are 3 top players in the entry draft. Whereas, there may be only one clear in the expansion, will have to see.

11. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Just looking at the Rush, Knighthawks and Swarm rosters, there may be some players who could make an immediate impact out of the expansion draft. Maybe not goaltending wise, although Scigliano and Higgins have experience these teams will want, but definitely at forward.