Eagles

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by swami24, Jan 23, 2018.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

C'mon we gotta get some super bowl talk going here. Personally I will remain pessimistic, it has worked so far!

2. wacklax

wacklax Member

FAWK the patriots

3. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat with you. I mailed it in the day after the Rams game.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

i hate Brady and the Patriots, but, everyone else seems to hate them ten times as much as I do.......

I gotta support the bad guys. Sorry.

5. RockyMaivia

RockyMaivia Active Member

FLY EAGLES FLY. PARTY IN MY GARAGE IN ARDMORE!

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

eagles 28 pats 20

7. Wings-4-Life

Sooooo if you hate them, why would you support them?

8. RockStar

I usually cheer for the most hated.......even if I hate them.

Exceptions are made when there is a home team that I support.

9. RockStar

Also, it makes me giggly when an unbelievable underdog run falls just short.

Hoping for Eagles to control the play and lose in the last minute. Preferably with a weird fluke on the last play

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Typical Canadian thing. Canadian fans always cheer for the bad guys in pro wrestling, so it's nice to see the Bizarreo Land gimmick transcends to football now :cool:

RockStar likes this.
  11. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

When it comes to a team that has won the SB 5 times vs a team that has never won it, I go with the team that has never won it. Go Eagles! And f**k the cheater Patriots.

12. Wings-4-Life

I'm with you, and not just because I'm an Eagles fan. I'd be pulling hard for the Vikings if they won.

This is the Patriots 8th Super Bowl in the last 16 years. What's the point of watching a sport for 5 months, only to have the same thing happen every year? Seems like a waste of time to me. I'm not a big dynasty guy. That goes for any sport, not just football.

13. RockStar

I used to be nuts about NFL - watch three games every Sunday and another on Monday.....fantasy leagues, pools, you name it.

Many years ago, my wife started working on Sundays which left me with parenting detail. Deciding that I owed the kid, later kids, more than day-drinking and sitting on my fat ass for 9 hours, I quit my Sunday habit......and, basically quit football altogether once I picked up kids or self activities on Mondays and Thursdays. Never any time to watch a game, so, I mostly quit giving a ****.

The NFC championship was the first game this season I watched mostly completely (and it was basically a stinker after the Eagles third score).

I resent the Superbowl, because in the past several winter seasons, my Sunday evening beer league games end up being cancelled due to popular request.

With that, I will watch, but, I am cheering for the heel, and, an outcome that makes the greatest number of football fans as miserable as possible.

Frankly, I'd rather be playing lacrosse.....

14. RockStar

The nice thing lately is that many of the Superbowls in recent years have actually been good, or even great games......I started following football closely in the early years of the NFC's ridiculous domination streak.

Superbowl was usually garbage, NFC champ just ragdolled an opponent that could rarely if ever even put together a good quarter of football.

15. AmericanRockFan

Personally, I kinda enjoy the Grey Cup more than the Super Bowl most years.

16. RockStar

It's rare that a Grey Cup is not a high action, closely contested game.

I prefer CFL generally because
    -Outcomes are far less predictable,
    -there are usually way more football plays per game, yet it still wraps up in less time,
    -No lead is safe as long as there is, like, 20 seconds per score left on the clock.
    -Overtime rules kick NFL's ass,
    -No freebie touchbacks (AKA points for shanking field goals :D ),
    -Obscure rules surviving from rugby era leading to ridiculous and exciting gadget plays (ever seen an onside punt recovery by kicking team for a first down!?)
    -Having the best RB in the league is only a small part of winning games
    -An end zone that is so ridiculously big that I have seen a six receiver shotgun formation on the frigging 2 yard line!
    -two slotback receivers in full motion before just about every snap......passing, passing, passing!!

17. AmericanRockFan

My whole CFL fascination honestly all started when in the 1990s it was very novel to find the CFL on tv or find anyone in my social circle that followed it.... or even knew it existed. My introduction to the CFL was when my family stayed at the SkyDome Hotel in 1993-1994 for some Jays games. One night, 5 year old me went to bed with a baseball field outside my window. The next day, there was a football field outside my window o_O

My dad explained how a football team played at the stadium too, but I had no clue how a football team I had never heard of even existed (I was quite a football obsessed 5 year old, so this was fascinating stuff!)

Long story short, this was the pre-internet days, so anything I came across in the newspaper (that my dad showed me) or that I found on our huge satellite dish was the only real CFL content I could get until 2004 or so when every Friday Night Football game was shown in the US (I can't even remember which channel. Maybe CNNSI?), and then in recent years games are on ESPN or ESPN's website, so the novelty is sorta gone now to be honest :(

18. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Fly Eagles Fly!!! Sunday overall was a pretty great day with a Black Wolves Win followed by the Eagles Big Win to goto the Super Bowl!

19. swami24

I love the whole underdog vibe, and masks. The achievement after losing so many key players has been amazing.

The Super Bowl is an event, period. Just watch for the year's funniest commericals if not for anything else. Best ways to enjoy is to get into a prop pool. Pick thjngs like o/u fumbles, coin flip, most yards Jeffrey vs amendola. Have fun, and let's hope there is a new champ in town.

20. swami24

The Eagles are screwed, Nick Foles is.on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Next week will probably be Olympics related, but we can only hope for Brady or the Hoodie man