1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles

Discussion in 'Off-topic Forum' started by swami24, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

It's a regional cover. Tom Brady is also on it depending on where you live.

[​IMG]

swami24 likes this.
  2. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

As a Bills fan I do the exact opposite. No super bowl win Island will only get lonlier if the eagles win. We will never catch the pats in super bowls so if they win another who cares at this point.

3. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Nice! Hopefully brady is more national

4. Wings-4-Life

I'm sure Patriots fans said that about the Steelers & Cowboys at one point....

5. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Yeah the bills aren’t winning 6 or more Super Bowls in my lifetime. I’m pretty sure from today going forward no team will in anyone’s lifetime currently on this earth the way parody is in the NFL.

6. swami24

So you are making a parody of parity?

chuckster likes this.
  7. fandit

fandit Active Member

Doug, you need to take it easy. I can't tell you why, but one of these night you're going to take it to the limit. You need to adopt a peaceful, easy feeling about the Eagles. Otherwise, it will seem like wasted time. I know you are not a new kid in town, but this is already gone! I wouldn't want you be a victim of love of the Eagles, it will only lead to a heartache tonight.

swami24 and RockStar like this.
  8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Isn't the Super Bowl next weekend? o_O

9. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

The Super Bowl is next weekend! The snore-fest of the Pro Bowl is today.

10. swami24

Never let details over call a great line.

11. swami24

Raining in orlando, the attendance was Pittsburgh Crossefire like.

All star games have lost their purpose in all pro leagues . The Nhl has done the best in making a fresh different experience.

RockStar likes this.
  12. wacklax

wacklax Member

Baseball's all star game is pretty good.

13. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Always wished the NHL would go real old-school - recycle the defending Stanley Cup champs, vs rest of the league all stars format.

and, to make sure it's not a boring no-hitter:

Champs can pick up an extra point towards their standings if they win.

Other team's players get half of the gate and TV to split between their favourite charities.

14. RockStar

Agreed. Baseball is one sport above most where you can probably throw a bunch of great individual players into most positions, and, effectively have a great team without a tonne of familiarity.

I think the only key exceptions would be the pitcher-catcher pairing, and, to a lesser extent, the pitcher - 1B pairing.

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Part of me wishes the NLL would adopt this gimmick if they ever brought the all-star game gimmick back.

RockStar likes this.
  16. swami24

Once again, thinking old school, the Mlb all star game was the one time you could see any star, with the exception of the one game of the week on NBC. Now you can watch any team, any player, any matchup between Pitcher and hitter, any time, especially with inter-league play.

17. RockStar

All true, but, you never see them all on the same field, or same batting lineup at the same time.

I don't watch the thing, but, as far as games go, it's one that most years has the potential to match a real game (except that they chew through the pitchers much more quickly)

18. swami24

Stories are so wrung out that the paper actually had a story on wondering how the team would prepare during halftime. Any link between freinds on each team..done. I think the only missing stories are on the pregame stretching routines of the kickers!

I will remain pessimistic, but the Pats defense is suspect. Game are usually often won by the linemen. I do strongly favor the Eagles on both sides of the ball there.

19. Wings-4-Life

I'm pessimistic because the Patriots will score just as many points as they need when they need to. If they're down by 10 going to the 4th, they'll score 14. If they're down by 20, they'll score 21. They can't be stopped.

Last year's overtime win in the Super Bowl was their largest margin of victory of their 5 titles.

20. swami24

Yup, thats why i am making some good food and looking forward to the commercials.

I would love to see the game end on a cancelled gronk come from behind TD, due to him losing the ball when he hits the ground out of bounds, after what should be a good td.