Expansion to include Arena Lacrosse League teams?

Discussion in 'ILIndoor Forum' started by Vin, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

With the NLL formally having a business connection with the Arena Lacrosse League as the de facto minor league for the NLL, it'd be nice to see a new ALL forum and/or subforums for each of their teams. After all, there will be player movement between the leagues and it gives fans of the ALL a place to come to.

Tangentially, it's a shame that the "website" for all of the teams except Peterborough Timbermen is their Twitter site.

http://www.arenalacrosseleague.ca/

Andrew GEA likes this.
  2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Those teams are way too remote to warrant their own subforums. Like you said, the teams don't even have websites.

Maybe just one subforum for the entire ALL would be fine.

3. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was going to be about the NLL absorbing the ALL teams for further expansion.

4. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

We dont have enough NLL fans here to warrant an expectation of participation from the 50 ALL followers

5. AmericanRockFan

Do 50 people other than those who work in lacrosse or are the parent of someone who plays in ALL even know that it exists?

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

They do it for OLA, BCLA, etc. so why not ALL.

7. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Exactly. There's one for each league. Not one for each team.

8. AmericanRockFan

I wonder how many game used ALL jerseys Canadan has in his collection of hipster game used lax jerseys.

RockStar likes this.
  9. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Used to enjoy CLaX with the rules that made it full-floor iron man lacrosse, and the refs that let it get rougher than NLL. This smoothed over the fact that the player pool was halfway between Senior and Major summer ball level talent and made it at least as entertaining as a good NLL game......loved the Shooting Stars home games at MLG, and the three years I caught the championship game, it was probably the best game of lacrosse I saw that year.

The child league has adopted a nearly identical ruleset to NLL, so, a few of the things that made the tier two league magic disappeared. Now it's less quick ball featuring a handful of on-the-cusp would be NLLers and a bunch of Senior B level role players. Still decent to watch, but, nowhere nearly as enthralling. Had the NLL labour dispute gone through January, the level of play would have been higher, and I would have been all over it....at least the nearby Oshawa games featuring a short drive to the outer burbs and free parking. Maybe a few at the TRAC.

And, yeah, you're lucky to get a few hundred in the stands. We can have an ALL forum, but, me and Mr Boo might be the only regular posters that live in ALL country, and I haven't even watched a live game in person yet......only web feeds.

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I would consider going to a game when the Bandits are off if they played somewhere in St. Catharines.....which they don't even though they have the St. Catharines Shockwave as a team.

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

By that logic, I am not sure that this place should exist then.
    How many of us post at least once a week here? 20?

The point with an additional ALL forum is to have a distinctive place for those fans to go and to interact with NLL fans. That's part of helping to grow the boxla universe.

12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

There aren’t any ALL fans that’s the point
    The sub forum “other lacrosse” will be just fine

13. Andrew GEA

Andrew GEA Guest

Every jersey is for sale except PTBO! I have been wanting to buy one online for a while now !

14. AmericanRockFan

Alright mods, now that you've beaten the SpamBots and changed the name of the Vancouver Stealth forum to the Vancouver Warriors forum, add an Arena Lacrosse League forum.

Or else.

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Yes, but having a dedicated forum is HOW you create fans.

Let me put it to you like this. In 2002, my NLL fandom was rather serious and growing. After the 2001-2002 season ended in April, I needed to keep going. The NLL website was antiquated and under-maintained even then. OG still existed, but, with no season going, RA didn't have much to add. There was no "place" for me to be an active fan. Lacrosse-Network.com existed and, one day, while surfing around on that sight, I saw a small out of the way link to this message board. That's how I found it - by accident.

Unfortunately, back then, this board was not showing up well in searches which is why I never found it that way.

Now, back to ALL, without having something to attract ALL fans from a web-searching perspective, ALL fans who might have been like me in 2002, would not have much of a place to go outside of Twitter. But you can't have real discussions in Twitter.

If we have something that mentions the ALL and/or its explictly, they will never bother coming here.

Besides, while this is a de facto NLL message board, it is supposed to be an Indoor message board. We need to do what we can to help grow the sport.

Absent of any forum changes, I'll be proactive as best as I can.

16. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

With you, Vin, but, we have 20 of the top 1% timewasters on all items lacrosse, and, not a one of us really gives much of a fig about ALL.......

We can have another subforum, but, there's no burning need....the ~5 or fewer threads per year could be in NLL (there is an official partnership) or Other, and this MB will still work as intended. If one needs ALL threads, one can search with the onboard tool, or with google.

17. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

I can’t name a single ALL team nor did I know the league existed

swami24 likes this.
  18. AmericanRockFan

I think Wamper is the only person I’ve heard say (and probably the only one who exists) that skips Rock and NLL games because he’s an ALL fan and their games conflict with NLL games.