Fann Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Fann Cup Forum' started by Keepa, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Keepa

Keepa New Member

So fann cup is a month away. Who all is heading to the windy city next month??

2. RyanP

RyanP Active Member

me + family

3. Keepa

Keepa New Member

nice! playing for the wingnuts?

4. RyanP

RyanP Active Member

No I play for Minnesota, but live outside Philly
    How about you?

5. Eyes from Above

Eyes from Above New Member

Wifey-goalie( back up) Minnisota, Me - Roadies, transition ( well that's what I like to call it)

6. Khawkrollin

Khawkrollin New Member

me and the husband and oldest child-all for Chicago

7. khawk nation24

khawk nation24 New Member

I'll be there! krew goalie

8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Depending on team needs, position alternates between 'left fat', 'left slow', 'left drunk', and 'left behind while the ball's going into my net' . Occasionally, I'll fill in at the 'reclining poolside' position.

9. Dan-O #06

Dan-O #06 New Member

See you all there with the better half tagging along and being the "Bench Mom" :)

10. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'll be there (along with my gf) as the Stingers' top player (I scored a goal 3 years ago!). I enjoy long nights of drinking from the pitcher, and puking on the bench during games.

11. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I hope someone breaks my penalty minute record this year.

Have fun, everyone. Hopefully I'll see everyone at Fann Cup 2015.

12. RockStar

I don't even know if you hold the Roadies penalty minutes record...Satori racked 'em up pretty good in Rochester '04

13. AmericanRockFan

Well that's refreshing to know. I'm just happy I didn't cost us the penalty minute tiebreaker last season against Rochester.

14. RockStar

(If I can be brutally honest, I think Rochester's scorekeeper may have screwed up the penalty minute tie-breaker.....we had lots. So did they, but.....they also knew their refs and how they had instructed them....

Won't lose sleep over it, we offered to play a short OT before and after we knew the findings of that tie-breaker. Two great Fann games - ties on late goals IIRC. Shame to settle it with debatable BS, but, that's Fann Cup, Baby!)

15. AmericanRockFan

It was a great time! That was my only Fann Cup but I can't imagine the next few being any better than that because the 2013 edition seemed to have it all. I even got called a "silly Canadian" by the scorekeeper!

16. Eyes from Above

Eyes from Above New Member

Lucky you, the ref kept talking to me and saying he knew me.
    But it was fun just to see Roch faces when they said we won.

17. gctales

gctales New Member

Can't make it this year for obvious reasons, but I wish all participants a great weekend, fun times, and pleasant "OW, OW, OW!!!!"

18. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Ow...ow...ow...ow...ow...

19. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Yeah, it hurts worse today than it did yesterday.

20. AmericanRockFan

The one thing I didn't miss about not playing this year was the pain for the next few days. I drove to Florida the day after last year's Fann Cup...I literally drove non-stop for 21 hours, making minimal stops until I got there, simply cause I was too sore to get out of the car.