Fann Cup Information Rochester

Discussion in 'Fann Cup Forum' started by khawksfan, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

Rooms BOOKED. Good thing that hotel is across the river from the bar and accessible by foot...

2. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Called today and reserved my room. I was able to get the Fann rate but was told that the Fann block had sold out and that the deadline was the 13th.

3. khawksfan

khawksfan New Member

Bad Information on both accounts. seeing I have the contract with the hotel and just spoke to them 2 hours ago.

There are rooms left but only a handful.

I was just able to extend the deadline from tomorrow to Thursday so if you wait to the 13th you will not have a room. The hotel is sold out except for the few rooms we have on hold still so last call.

4. Averageguyx

Averageguyx Member

I have room for 1 or 2 people in my room only got 1 bed for now but asked for a cot

5. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Hypothetically, if I meet a girl at the bar the night before Fann Cup and decide I wanna bring her to the banquet am I gonna be obligated to leave her at home since I didn't buy an extra banquet ticket? Hypothetically, of course.

6. khawksfan

khawksfan New Member

you can purchase extra banquet tickets just see me or Andrew but if anyone already knows they need extra's let your captain know now as we need a headcount so food can be ordered

7. Meathead25

Meathead25 New Member

I may not know until the day of if I'm going to need extra banquet tickets...that's the hard part...

8. AmericanRockFan

I'm in the same boat. If worst comes to worst, I'll just have my guest watch me play and then tell her she has to stay home :p

9. AmericanRockFan

When time does the drinking start next Friday?

10. phiwings

phiwings Active Member

[​IMG]

11. AmericanRockFan

So when are people arriving? And when do we start playing on Saturday? I wish someone would post an itinerary. I have other parties to attend on Friday and Saturday, so I need to plan accordingly.

12. kaotik29

kaotik29 New Member

Well, we find out when we play on Friday night at the captains meeting. Not to be a smart a$$, but we literally don't know until then. That would also help me seeing as my family is in the Rochester area and most will wander over to the arena at some point.

And we are arriving any time between Thursday and Saturday morning. I'm arriving Friday, I know a most Spirit players are arriving Thursday and Friday.

13. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

We're still planning on rolling in Thursday afternoon, but have nothing planned until registration on Friday.

14. AmericanRockFan

Party at my house! :drunk:

15. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Possibly. Kinda pissed the Red Wings are on the road that week.

16. AmericanRockFan

The Rhinos are home on Friday night ;)

17. AmericanRockFan

Or are you saying that it's time for a Batavia Muckdogs roadtrip?

18. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Sounds good. Only issue for me is I won't be getting in until between 6 & 7.

19. khawksfan

khawksfan New Member

we now have someone recording Fann This year and selling DVD's here is the info.

Hello, FANN Cuppers.
    Sports and More Video is pleased to be providing video services for the 2013 FANN Cup. Our plan is to come down to Rochester and record all of the games being played so that we can produce DVD copies for participants to purchase. Take them home for your own memories or share them with folks who can't make it but want to be in on the fun.

The cost to get a copy of each game your team plays, including the semis and final if you make it, is:

Till July 10
    Team $35/person
    Individual $55

After July 10
    Team $45/person
    Individual $65

DVDs will be ready to take away when you leave on Sunday.

For orders or more information, please contact Stephen Stamp at sportsandmorevideo@gmail.com or 705-868-5437 (call or text).

Payment for orders can be made by:
    1. email bank transfer to sportsandmorevideo@gmail.com
    2. PayPal to stamplax@hotmail.com

20. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

^^ I'm not signing no f---ing release ;):D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013