Fire Dawick.

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Apr 9, 2018.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

How do you fire the guy that owns the team??

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

he has to fire or reassign himself.

depending on who is replacing, I might be hugely in favour of this......odds are against getting a top notch performance from a guy that is only accountable to himself

4. chuckster

You're talking about firing himself from being GM, right?

RockStar likes this.
  5. AmericanRockFan

Maybe they should sell the team back to Brad Watters......

6. RockStar

yes, he can stay as president or director or chief sour cream maker, IDGAF....just hoping he names a smart lacrosse guy as gm and gets TF out of that guy's way

7. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Well-Known Member

Josh Sanderson is the assistant GM and I assumed Dawick would turn the reins over to him after a short while. I'm surprised he hasn't done that yet.

8. RockStar

If the smart guy is Josh, so be it. I cannot comment yet, because, who TF knows what "assistant GM" means.

Not sure whose fingerprints are covering this roster more than the other guy's

9. AmericanRockFan

I agree, I kinda felt Josh was hired to be "assistant" GM for 2017 before getting "promoted" to GM in 2018, and I'm a little surprised that didn't manifest. Now, of course none of us are in the office, so who knows what's really going on in there because for all we know Josh could be the real GM, just sans the official title.

10. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Assistant GM: From years of lacrosse experience I suggest bringing in these three free agents, cutting this guy, and bringing in a new scout for Ontario.
    Owner GM: you can have one free agent if you cut this much in salary, there is no way I am cutting that guy he is my favorite, why do we need an Ontario scout I watch some games.
    Team misses playoffs
    Owner GM: You really screwed the pooch sorry your fired.

chuckster and RockStar like this.
  11. AmericanRockFan

Josh Sanderson leaves Toronto for San Diego.

#FireDawick

12. chuckster

To be an assistant coach? Didn't he play with Merrill? I guess that helps Merrill with the GM side of his job. Good move by the Seals! Josh Sanderson would have been on my list to replace Dietrich in Buffalo.

13. AmericanRockFan

Yeah, they were teammates for a long time. It makes me wonder if Dawick just missed out on a golden management team that was under his nose the whole time.....

14. CrocodileLax

CrocodileLax Active Member

Perhaps. Let's see how well San Diego develops before any conclusions are made.

My worry is that Dawick will now keep himself as GM and his friends on the coaching staff, blaming this season's suckiness on injuries. We may be in a for a long few years if he doesn't hire better management.

15. RockStar

Maybe Josh senses a purge is coming, and, is just getting to a happy situation when he is in full control of things.

As mentioned, I don't really understand the dynamic of this two headed GM monster that Toronto was rolling with.

Wondering if the one that is staying is upset with the one that is going due to something (Jones?) that cost a bit, and didn't really improve anything.