fire the coach

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by wacklax, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I'm glad they finally did it but yeah it may be too little, too late.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

It should get a bit better.....frankly, what else could it do!?

Interested to see if this is just to try to make the home games a little more watchable for the rest of this year, or whether they'll actually go forward with him next year.

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

The roster is definitely good enough so hopefully the new coach will be able to make them more effective out there.

4. New Fan

New Fan Member

For Stealth fans this great news and for the sake of the franchise hope it is a turn around. Still think Locker Is walking on thin ice.

5. FAN

FAN New Member

Now Locker needs to go. He is very bad for the team as he has very little knowledge of box lacrosse while thinking of himself as a lacrosse genius. Bad combination. Hofefully Batley will take charge and do things his way keeping Locker away from the team.

6. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

In the last year, Locker has brought in Billings, Schuss, McCready, Cornwall, Moleski, and Hawksbee. He brought in Powless who didn't work out but instead of stubbornly sticking with him, he admitted that it wasn't working out and traded him for Logan Schuss. Looks to me like Locker has put together a team full of great players. It's the coach's job to get them playing like a team and Perreault couldn't do that.

7. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned New Member

Batley? God help this franchise. Locker has sold everything in the cupboards and is still in last place because the team is thrown together year after year. Cornwall, Moleski and Hawksbee were free agents who are average Nll performers, not great players. The offence is full of the same types of guys.

8. cdngoalie

cdngoalie Member

I believe it was Herb Brooks who said ""You win with people, not with talent. So the quality of the people is very important in building your team. I always looked for people with a solid value system. Then I recruited players from a section of different personalities, talents and styles of play." if the O is filled with all of the same style it becomes a very predictable O

9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

this is why is so respected chris hall. first, face it, rabil was a decent nll baller under him and he got good service from manney, holmes and hartzell - guys who had zero box experience before playing for him. the biggest issue I see in the stealth is that they don't buy in or they come out completely unprepared. its one thing to be in a tight game and lose in the last 5 minutes ala Calgary but when the game is lost in the opening 10 minutes, no excuses. batley must first get a complete game from this bunch, show him what they got, before invoking any system.

10. WingsNut423566

WingsNut423566 Active Member

See Batley, brought Milligan out to BC with him.

11. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

yeah wingnut, i saw that :(

12. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Exactly what a predictable and struggling offense needs

:rotfl:
    :doh:

13. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

and i saw blaine harrison with the swarm
    no wonder they suck out loud

14. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

[​IMG]

Look at all those empty seats. Damn.

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Well the Stealth are scoring tonight. A couple brutal of brutal calls by the lefts at the end of 3rd. Entertaining game, Batley making a statement keeping Billings & Schuss out unless they're hurt.

16. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I'm glad they're scoring but man that no goal call was brutal! :mad:

17. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

It was terrible, especially that angle that showed it inside the post. Here comes another statement from the league.

Stealth are done, 7 goal run for the Rush. Matthews first goal and Thompson's followup had deflated the team.

18. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

It's been the same old story since 2013. I don't know what else they can do.

19. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned New Member

Great players? This defense is frickin awful. I just turned the game off. It was gross. If not for Bold's horrendous play the score would be a landslide to a few. Vancouver should have gassed the defensive coach too.

20. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned New Member

Great statement. The guy is an idiot if he's trying to send a message to those two. Isn't the owner paying those guys half the teams payroll between the two of them. Never been a fan of this coach and his summer attitude. Good to see him having to coach instead of swing a gate like he did in the summer all those years. The team response tonight is about all that needs to be said. With all Batley's success in the summer what is the difference with either of Victoria last 2 coaches. Hasn't Victoria been to the Mann cup like 10 times in the last 14 years? Why couldn't one of those two taken over.