fire the coach

Discussion in 'Vancouver Stealth Forum' started by wacklax, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned New Member

Statement about what? This isn't a one goal game.

2. Niagra Ned

Niagra Ned New Member

The Stealth organization is a mess. The have ruined lacrosse in BC again. One of the best markets in NA and they can't even put up a fight at home for the fans. Just bad for the league.

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

I've supported this team since they came to B.C. in 2013 and it's become clear to me that they really don't have a ****ing clue. With the amount of talent they have and can draw from here it's embarrassing.

Summer ball in B.C. is a million times better than the shitshow we're getting at the LEC from January to April.

4. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

Statement about what appears to have been a goal that should of counted. This game is emotional and full of runs (the color guy aptly compared it to basketball in terms of momentum swings). The play happened when the score was tied near the end of the third quarter, that could of affected the outcome significantly.

That goal counting changes every event that happens after that play (Vancouver may have lost but the events that lead to that are different). Full marks to the Rush, after the two goals early in the fourth it sucked the life out of the Stealth.

5. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

Not sure if it should count as an goal or not and I was behind the net. From what I saw live and from the jumbotron I don't think the whole ball was cross the line just part. Is the rule like hockey where the puck has to be fully across or not? One thing for sure though if the team is around next year no way I am spending money on tickets.

6. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Was at the game tonight and first time I've been able to watch an entire game at LEC from start to finish - usually only catch maybe one quarter at best.

Anyways, oh my god is the defense in this league is brutal!! - or laughable... haven't decided which it is yet, but no small wonder the Stealth lost. No one hits anyone anymore on D and more inefficient stick-checking that you can shake a stick at. You let 68~ shots on net, you ain't gonna win games.

As for the mystery goal, hard to say if it were a goal or not. Looked to be in from what I saw on the jumbotron - but regardless in or not in, that seemed to be the point the Stealth began to come off the rails. Hopefully it wasn't a legit goal and the refs then had a direct involvement in the game's outcome, because the Stealth were playing pretty solid until then. I liked their fire to get back into it when they were down 4-0.

7. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

100% agreed. If the refs blew the call, then the refs may have helped win it for Sask from the momentum swing. It's started falling apart from that point onwards.

8. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

NLL needs goal line technology.
    Hell if they do way with the crease dive a goal line technology system could even make the crease calls and remove almost all of the errors from NLL scoring.

9. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Banned

24 GA nice what is this 1996

10. theSloth

theSloth Member

11. laxboxgoalie

laxboxgoalie New Member

The goaltending and defense for the stealth was brutal in the game the only thing that keep this game close was Bold having an awful game himself at one point letting in 9 goals on 17 shots. The first even when the game was close was the Rush dominating they had close to 40 shots on net in the first half.

12. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

Until around the last 5 minutes or so, both teams were at around a 33% pace for making good for their shots. So the offense wasn't a problem last night, they were scoring as well as Saskatoon when they were getting the shots. But like I said above, the defense was atrocious. Too many instances of guys getting beat and then just standing there and watch. No one makes it nasty to get close on goal anymore.

I have to ask: has the NLL banned crosschecking? because there was none last night.

13. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

bring back eric "meat" martin

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Dave, NLL banned off-ball cross checking several years ago to accommodate the American stars.

It worked about as well as most of their schemes to 'improve' things over the last 10 years.....game is less tough AND the number of Yank participants has been halved or worse.

15. Dave S-C

Dave S-C Active Member

/FACEPALM/ Good to know. Now I know why some knowledgeable folks here won't go to games. Much better style of game in the CLA summer game for much cheaper price. Glad I didn't have to pay for my tickets last night, LOL.

16. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Member

That figures. Sheesh. :doh:

17. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

halved? like 75%!!

18. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

the defense prior to Batley the screamer and his little mini me, Milligan , had a respectful GA average, and actually looked far better since the "current defence coach" , Clay Richardson has taken over, ( the previous defence coach, Kyle Sorrenson, has some legal issues, stemming from an incident @ the US border, the irony is that the stuff in question is actually legal in Washington State, so not the sharpest tool in the shed) with the new coach at the helm, the defensive system was completley different from the system this team has played, it doesnt take a brain surgeon to connect the dots and come to the conclusion that Batley/Mulligan/Sorrenson have installed the new D, Fire the currunt D coach? hell, if i was him i would get gone on my own, this team will not win another game this year with the D system they have in place, the LEC is 1/2 full, and will get to a 1/4 full before this shitshow mercifully ends .

19. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

batley has been without an nll gig for a reason. you will not find too many supporters of milligan from the wings fans who suffered through his stewardship. stuff on kyle, if true, lmao

20. laxveteran

laxveteran New Member

ya, not impressed with the Stealth Management, could of done many things with regards to a coaching replacement, could of promoted from within, atleast for the season, Batley is gonna attempt to take Doug Locker's position, IMHO, can hear the conversation now, " hi Denise, Batley here, listen, no disrespect, but i can do both jobs, and think about the 12K you will save, lets move Doug to equipment guy, and move Brad Hock to the mascot position! this organization is titanic like, and right now they are adjusting the deck chairs, not dealing with the clear and immanent iceberg clearly visable .