Game 1

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, May 26, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Game 1 is about to start....

Comments?

2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

What's with the green ribbons on Shanny and the other guy?

3. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

I'll be happy if this goes the distance but I'm thinking the Rush wins this in 2.

Andrew GEA likes this.
  4. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Anyone else having feed issues?

5. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Feed is good for me.

6. Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker Active Member

Feed's fine now. Oh and you can save 30% if you renew your NLLTV subscription before June 14th.

I'll probably get a promo code later on. Saving my cash for summer ball.

Andrew GEA likes this.
  7. chuckster

6-4 Rush at the half. Church having a big game. Both teams look shaky on O but the Rush seem to be getting it together.

That Darren guy doing the coach interviews has some classic TV hair, doesn't he?

The camera work on this game is craptastic. Indoor lax is a hard game to shoot to begin with but this looks especially rough.

8. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

It’s probably a dedication to the Humbolt Broncos

9. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

My Roku feed went down for about 5 minutes but it’s back up now

10. chuckster

No issues with the free Twitter feed.

11. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Why renew? I thought that the NLL was going with Bleacher Report TV....

12. BenMitchell

BenMitchell Member

You can use your NLLTV account with BR Live. So if you renew it’s good for both

13. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Great to know, Ben! I did not know that! I will consider renewing even though I hardly used it this season.

14. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah that makes sense and I see similar green ribbons in this article.
    http://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/humboldt-broncos-get-standing-ovation-before-memorial-cup-semifinal/wcm/606af102-19d2-4d75-bd24-6eba596c08ea

[​IMG]

Humboldt Broncos team president Kevin Garinger, centre, and Humboldt Broncos athletic therapist Dayna Brons's mom Carol Brons as dad Lyle take part in a ceremonial puck drop before the Memorial Cup semifinal in Regina on Friday, May, 25, 2018. (THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jonathan Hayward)

15. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Game is on actual tv in Rochester, so this clear feed I have is pretty rad.

Vin likes this.
  16. chuckster

The Rush got it going and the Hawks couldn't stop it. Vinc looked ordinary but I expect him to bounce back at home. It's going to be intense in the BCA!

17. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I definitely expect the Knighthawks to put forth a much better effort next week. Judging by ticketmaster the other day when I looked, it looks like they'll have a pretty good crowd. If they get off to a hot start, and get the fans behind them, then there's gonna be a game 3 in Saskatoon.

18. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Great game yesterday and a super atmosphere. Darren guy not too bad between the benches. However, have been to Roughnecks games and watched their former Captain, Andrew McBride do the interviews between the benches. Man I would have hired him for the game. Super knowledgeable lacrosse IQ, knows the coaches and likely played against most of the players on both teams. Really knows his stuff and is entertaining.

Roughnecks Fan #1 likes this.
  19. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

You know, it is not even all that hard to shoot and produce.......99% of what you need is the centre floor camera framing a rink-wide shot, and, just following the play up and down the floor. Leave it zoomed to that width so viewers can see the entire attack zone, and, most of the time, 11 of the 12 players.

Too often, the jackasses that produce these things try to get cute and that ends up being terrible.

20. chuckster

The issue with that is that it can be difficult to see who has the ball on a wide shot. Watch a game with someone who hasn't watched alot of lax and I bet they'll have trouble with locating the ball. In a good game with good teams, all the players except the goalie are in constant motion so it can be tricky to figure out.