Game 13 MVP

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Fan Club Forum' started by ParrotBayTaz, Apr 3, 2011.

?

MVP Game 13

Poll closed Apr 6, 2011.
  1. Brandon Miller.... 31 saves....only 2 goals in 2nd half

36.4%
  2. Brendan Mundorf 3 goals 1 assist

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Drew Westervelt 3 G 3 A

45.5%
  4. Brett Manney 1 goal....9 loose balls(led team) stellar D

9.1%
  5. Ryan Boyle...........1 goal 6 assists.

9.1%
  1. ParrotBayTaz

ParrotBayTaz New Member

That was fun. Tough choice but I'll start the nominations this week ut I will give the nod to Brandon Miller. Yes Toronto was playing on tired legs as the game progressed but he came out in that 2nd half a new goalie (or the one we have seen for most of the season). 2 goals allowed in any half is very impressive.

2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Miller for his second half or Westervelt.

3. WingsPhanatic107

WingsPhanatic107 New Member

been doing some thingking......should we stay with the 1 MVP...or go 1 for offense...1 for defense?? in most of the games this season whether we won or lost its been either Miller or Nucci keeping us in the game to win, or not making the loss as bad... last 5 games Mundorf has turned it up as well....29 pts in 5 games.....what you think......MVP selections to be posted a bit later

4. RyanP

RyanP Active Member

Manney!
    Scored a goal, played tough "D", had a key pick off of a pass with a 3 minutes to go and most importantly......pumped up the crowd. First time in awhile I saw a player raising his arms to the fans. He showed us they were fired up.

5. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

manney was out of his mind last night but i'm going with westervelt.

6. thwingfan

thwingfan Active Member

Very tough choice here. Could go with either Miller for his great 2nd half, Mundorf with a solid night or Westervelt, who seemed to put the team on his back last night.

My vote goes to Westy!

7. WingsPhanatic107

WingsPhanatic107 New Member

WHAT A WIN!!!!!! THAT LOOKED LIKE OLD TIME WINGS LAX. Playoff hunt still alive.....Do or Die in Boston.....we win in Boston Saturday night the quest for a playoff berth continues,(can clinch Sunday with a win) a loss in Boston and the quest is over.

Here are the nominations.

Ryan Boyle 1 goal 6 assists
    Brendan Mundorf 3 goals 1 assist
    Drew Westervelt 3 goals 3 assists
    Brett Manney 1 goal 9 loose balls (led team) and stellar D
    Brandon Miller 31 saves....only 2 goals allowed in second half

Next Saturday will be final game to vote on......voting will be quick and I will post right after game as I will present MVP to the winner....right now Brandon Miller leads Iannucci by 4 pts.

Or do you think there should be an offense and defense MVP???

8. Wings-4-Life

Tough choices. I ended up going with Westy, but I feel Boyle really played a hell of a game quarterbacking too.

9. RyanP

RyanP Active Member

Tough choice:
    I picked Manney, basically because it was nice to see some different players step up, and a lot of them did this game. So I went away from the norm and threw it out to someone different.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

boyle
    7 pt games on 1 and 6
    the 6 is what i was expecting from him all year
    to be a prime feeder

i havnt looked at how many of the assits were primary yet

11. Wings-4-Life

Add on to that he actually looked like he wanted to be a leader out there.