Game 3: First EVER

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by Vin, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Blame the lack of TOR and PHI fans on their front offices, not on the league. COL and BUF and now SAS are playing often to full houses.
    Cable is also overrated now that there are so many cord-cutters (like me) and cord-nevers like almost any kid under 25.
    The league is adapting to market conditions as it should. Sure, the league seemed like it was in good shape with a decent growth curve, but it didn't really.
    The league is moving in the right direction despite the fact that, for me personally, I feel a little left out since I do prefer TV-viewing over streaming. That said, streaming better than nothing - like getting fucked raw without any Vaseline in 2014.

MILLwasbetter likes this.
  2. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Shanny seems to disagree, but I agree with you. No goal. Right call.

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

If you know what the rulebook says, you know that wasn't a goal

MILLwasbetter and chuckster like this.
  4. BlackWolves99

BlackWolves99 Member

Chances are if the goal wasn't out of place, the ball would have probably not gone in anyway considering the trajectory the ball was heading.

5. RockStar

Good luck with that......focusing on the net and not the shooter will do wonders for a GAA, but, not in a good way :D

6. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

The 3 goal lead isn't safe in this game.

7. RockStar

You know, Vin, back in Jennings, you had all of those teams (except Sask) playing to big crowds, and you had Toronto and Philly doing so as well.

I know cable is dying, and streaming is the future, but........if it ain't on cable, it aint on at the sports bar, and, it aint on the cable news (or their web presence) either, and, you get a case where only ~4000 fans outside of Sask even give enough of a crap to tune in, and, the rest of their target audience doesn't even know the league title is still being contested.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  8. chuckster

Not a sold out game. Surprising.

9. chuckster

Vino says Yes? Rush up by 4 with 3 minutes to play.

10. RockStar

When the lead is bigger than the number of minutes left, an upset is rare....usually cannot get enough clean faceoff wins to get enough chances at goal.

11. RockStar

And Corbeil with the bloody dagger!

12. chuckster

Rush are champs! Good for them.

13. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

One step closer to wings season

14. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

What teams were playing to "big crowds"?
    Even if the crowds are big, how much of it was comps?
    If they were so big, then why did these teams move?

About 11 or 12 years ago, the league's average attendance first broke 10k but that was an average with a high standard deviation with most teams under - even some well under - that average. Now, things may not seem much better, but I have to believe that, for a variety of factors including quality ownership, the league is doing better and is more profitable. After all, NHL teams buying into the NLL was an investment for them. I was a Jennings fan but, I have to admit, much of it seemed like a sham looking back on history.

Anyway, congrats SAS!

15. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Such a small cup being carried by two guys seems a bit ridiculous.

16. Hollywood42

Nice sized trophy if you just finished your first season of tee ball

Vin likes this.
  17. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

"Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copeland. Nice touch.

18. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Well there you have it. The best team in the league all year long won, and were able to get Keenan/Messenger/Hossack those titles they missed out on last year. Thank god the Rush dressed Curtis Knight instead of Dan "I lose games single handedly" Dawson, and Matt Vinc didn't decide to have another legendary performance.

19. Hollywood42

20. chuckster

Shattler is Finals MVP. Mark Matthews was incredibly without a goal. Amazing.