1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Thread: Buffalo at Calgary 4/14

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo at Calgary game thread for 4/14. O'Brien in, Fournier scratched. Buque gets the start again.

2. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo had a lot of chances in the first. They were up by one but had 2 goals called back for crease violations. If Buffalo can will their last 3 and Georgia loses 1, I believe Buffalo would win the division outright over Rochester, so this game is huge, obviously.

3. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo had been up 7-6, but the wheels have come off in the 3rd. Higgins in with Buffalo down 12-7.

4. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

This game is like a reversal of the Buffalo at New England game where it was close early and then Buffalo ran off like 10 straight, now Calgary has put up 10 in a row on Buffalo. Very disappointing second half for sure.

5. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I propose that we have no bye weeks in the future.

6. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Compounding things, NE wins in Colorado and Georgia wins at Sask.

7. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

So they play a team that has nothing to play for and get spanked in the 2nd half. After 16 games, I still don't know what to make of this team. They are consistently inconsistent.

8. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

What a mess of a second half it seems, I wasn’t able to watch or listen, which turned out to be a good thing.

9. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

I agree with you, but I hate to be a broken record. I think it comes down to parity in the league. With the exception of Vancouver and Saskatchewan the other 7 are virtually interchangeable in my mind.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

The parity in the NLL has been unreal this year. Of course I'd prefer the Rock not be 7-9, but when everyone in this league is pretty much 9-7, 8-8, or 7-9, it's hard to get that pissed off about it. You have Saskatchewan who's at one end of the continuum, then you have Vancouver at the other end, and you literally have everyone else who's right in the middle of the continuum.

11. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

Man, I'm so sick of Cordingly saying that this team came out flat and has no compete. Isn't that the coach's job or are they just tuning him out again?

12. chuckster

His excuses are really getting old. And they turned over about half the roster from last year so it sure is looking like the coach is the problem.

13. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I'm obviously not in the locker room, but I've always felt as an outsider that a coaching style such as Cordingley's works in the short-term, but it isn't meant for the long-term in one location.

14. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Darris was way better at post game interviews - his "Pull no punches, sugarcoat nothing" style was amazing.

15. chuckster

Darris' problem was singling out specific guys for mistakes they made on the floor. That never goes over well in the locker room.

16. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Besides that, him and Troy are basically the same. Just screaming all the time at refs and players. I’m sure it gets old and gets tuned out.

17. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I meant it was great for me, the fan.

Probably a tiny bit less good for coach and players :D