Game Thread: Buffalo at Georgia 4/15

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo at Georgia. Will be interesting to see if Buffalo can continue to play better defense like they did in the second half against Toronto.

Billy Dee Smith and Cosmo out tonight, Edwards back in.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

The overhead shot during the anthem looks like there's about 500 people there :(

3. tydoggz

tydoggz Member

500 if you were counting by 2's......good first half by all except Big FISH.....HE needs to step up and stop the ball to give us a chance.....the win is there

4. tiggore

tiggore Member

Why at the end wasn't with steenhuis or Dhane released? shouldn't it have been 5-3 (pulled goalie), they score pp goal and put goalie back in, 4-4 til the other 2 minutes is up, then 2 minute Bandits pp?

5. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

That's what I was thinking. I don't think the referees were sure, either.

6. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Weak roughing call on Brownell.

7. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Penalties just killing Buffalo...3 straight power play goals against. And now another against Brownell.

8. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Now down 12-11...Buffalo might be running out of gas.

9. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

When will the bandits learn doubling the ball burns them much more than getting a turnover out of it. I can't stand that.

10. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Cosmo coming in...game feels like it's slipping away.

11. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I think you're right.

12. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Georgia with too much firepower, Buffalo goaltending can't bail out the defense. Plus the penalties in the third really changed the whole game.

13. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

4th one goal loss of the season. Dhane almost with the miracle at the end, but really had no angle. Malcolm's rebound might have been too late even if it went in.

14. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

String of what seemed like 15 mins of straight power play mins for the swarm did the bandits in.

Bandits could still finish 2nd, which is nuts. (Buf, Rochester, Toronto all finish 8-10, New England finishes 7-9)

15. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Correct, they had to beat Georgia in one the last two and Toronto and hope Toronto loses at Saskatchewan. On a 3- way 8-10, they would still be in. But there's a lot of work ahead.

16. BlackBandits

BlackBandits Member

Even a 4 way tie benefits the Bandits. The Bandits can NOT host a playoff game.

A four way tie goes like this

New England
    Buffalo (wins h2h over Toronto 3-1)
    Toronto
    Rochester

A three way tie

New England
    Buffalo (wins h2h over Toronto 3-1)
    Toronto
    Rochester (7-11 or 6-12)

17. chuckster

Actually, they can.....IF they get to the East final, they would host Game 1.

smurf666 likes this.
  18. chuckster

Dhane is on the wrong side of the floor to have a good chance to make that shot but he picked up the loose ball on the side and wouldn't have been able to cross over. He looks back to the middle to pass the ball but drives to the net instead. Going low across the crease would not have had more of a chance unless Dhane changes his hands to go lefty. I don't think there's a good scenario for Dhane on that play.

Malcolm's shot was taken after the buzzer so it would not have counted.

19. BlackBandits

BlackBandits Member

I was referring to just the first round only. But yes A home playoff game in round 2, slated for May 12-14.