Game Thread: Buffalo at Rochester 12/23

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo at Rochester. Bandits down 5-0 early. Looks like yet another loss in Rochester. Bandits 11-22 all time at Rochester during the regular season.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

13-5 Rochester at the half. Bandits getting spanked.....so much for being giddy over Buque.

3. bmb2jn

bmb2jn Member

Looks like the Knighthawks are back.

Last week they blew out Calgary and now blowing out the Bandits.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Buque is good enough only to stuff the Rock's shooters?

5. GoKHawksGo

GoKHawksGo Active Member

It seemed like Buque did not make a single save down low

RockStar likes this.
  6. RockStar

^^Note to Manning.

Those shots have the added bonus that they are less likely to result in dangerous transition.

7. SabreBandit

SabreBandit Member

Was at the game, my notes:

-Vinc was back to his old self.
    -Buque got rattled early, troy made the smart move to Big Fish, but the fact he got injured on the first shot/goal didn't help matters, and having to go back in I think just was unfortunate. His head wasn't there but bandits had no choice.
    -Refs let them play for the most part, which surprised me, but it was a fairly called game
    -Met great khawks fans tonight
    -Bandits defense did their job for the most part, but lots of unlucky bounces.
    -Rohrbach Blueberry Ale is tasty

8. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I’m just back from the game as well. Wow, was Buque awful! To be honest, I think it was a pretty even game. The only difference, the goaltending.

I’m really starting to wonder if Dhane Smith will ever even be close to the player he was 2 years ago. Ever since the ankle injury he’s lost the explosiveness. I watched him in Six Nations this summer and so far this season. I’m very worried.

Props to the Bandits’ fans who made the trip with the bad weather and the closeness to Christmas. It is, however, very noticeable that the volume of Bandits’ fans in Roc has dwindled tremendously over the past several years. I can remember times where I was embarrassed for the Knighthawks with the total arena takeover by Bandits’ fans. It’s not so much a factor anymore.

9. KHawksWin2011

KHawksWin2011 Member

It is a little fishy when a player goes from 39 goals to 72 then to 30. Makes it look like PEDs were involved.

10. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Or he was hurt and has never regained the lost step on that bad ankle

11. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

I don’t bother going anymore. The bandits are horrible there every time, the arena is a dump and the fans are the worst. I stick with Toronto and New England.

Hollywood42 and RockStar like this.
  12. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I am really getting tired of going there and watching them lose. It almost feels like the Bills/Patriots. It almost feels inevitable that they’re going to lose. I don’t mind the arena, but the PA system/music is turned up way too loud. I’m not one to usually complain about noise, but I don’t need to leave a game and feel like I just left a Metallica concert. The small amount of fans that the K Hawks draw are actually pretty loud. They don’t need all the artificial noise.

RockStar likes this.
  13. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

It seems like it's virtually impossible for Buffalo to win there. They've had a terrible record there for 2 decades. Vinc has always been a huge obstacle for them there. They've lost heartbreakers, OT games, playoff games, and been blown out. Just a real problem within the division. If I ever go the Q+A at the open practice, I'd ask Troy or Chugger, what we have to do to win a game there.

14. Komarem

Komarem Guest

It’s too bad. All the losing there has really ruined a good thing. The Banditland arena takeover of Blue Cross Arena used to be an unbelievable thing to see and be a part of. Now, it’s gone. It speaks to a bigger picture problem. The Bandits aren’t moving the needle like they used to.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  15. KhawkProud

KhawkProud Member

Definitely miss seeing Banditland’s walk of shame out of the areas after their annual beat down

k-hawksfan33 likes this.
  16. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

The 4,000 die hard Hawks fans that show up every week make more noise than NE and Toronto combined :rolleyes:

17. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Not about crowd noise. I’ve always said, Rochester is a minor league city, filled with minor league fans.

Hollywood42 likes this.
  18. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Much more likely it is his plantar fasciitis he developed after his 72 goal season and is still having effects from. Dhane was also used out the back door for most of his 1st season where he scored 39. Athan Iannucci never came close the 71 goals he scored in 2008. Neither Gait ever came within a half goal of their average gpg they had in their 1st record breaking seasons although they did set new records because of increased games in the season. It seems no one has ever maintained the pace after setting the record maybe it is cursed.

RockStar likes this.
  19. RockStar

Gary Gait's 60 whatever goal season was at the twilight of his career, so, there is no curse associated with that part. With the others, tough injuries that noticeably affect mobility.

Plantar fasciitis could definitely explain less ability to speed/power past the d man enough to get his hands free.

Still fascinating to watch, but, at this level, a 5% loss in ability is maybe the difference between 30 goals and 70.

Iannucci was even more significant dropoff.....that kind of injury is brutal to come back from.

20. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

It amazes me. Whenever you log on post something, it looks like the dumbest post in message board history.

Then you always log on a few months later, and out-do yourself.

chuckster likes this.