Game Thread: Buffalo at Rochester 12/23

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

Because nothing says "major league" like counting along with the PA guy, and dressing up like an idiot every game.

I've been to Rochester roughly 10 times since the Wings left. Buffalo 0 times. There's a reason for that.

k-hawksfan33 likes this.
  2. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Well-Known Member

Please enlighten me as to how Knighthawks fans are more "minor league" than Bandits fans? I will never understand why having an NFL team seems to makes Buffalonians think they're living in a superior city. News flash: it's equally shitty at best :rolleyes:

3. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I am annoyed by virtually everything having to do with the Knighthawks game day presentation. But, I am sure the feeling is mutual when the 8 Knighthaks’ fans make the trip to Banditland. I’m sure the “B O X” thing and the “we want more” thing come across as juvenile. But, nothing is more minor league and juvenile than when the Knoghthawks’ fans scream “sucks” after every opposing player is announced.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

what's a PED?

more importantly, what is a banned PED?

if i recall correctly, the NLL anti doping policy is an unenforceable joke.

would not be surprised if many of these guys are using something.....to let them train through and play through the wear and tear that comes with multiple seasons of lacrosse per year.

5. jetman

jetman Active Member

I will say that I have never had a bad experience coming to Rochester for a game. Even on the rare occasions when the Bandits win, I've never had any problems (edit: just once with some annoying kids - but they were just young kids). There's even been Hawks fans who have come over to us regularly before/during/after the games just to talk. I'm sorry if other Bandits fans have had problems, or if out-of-town fans have had problems coming into Buffalo. I guess that there can be some jerks out there, but I think that overall fans are generally respectful of each other.

6. Komarem

Komarem Guest

Agreed. I’ve been there at least a dozen times to cheer on Buffalo. Very few problems. K Hawk fans have always been friendly with myself and the other Bandits’ fans in my group.

7. RockStar

Never have problems in Buffalo.

Used to run into a few douche-nozzles every trip to Rochester, but, that ended when the papering stopped......now that it is just the core fans, it has been very civilized.

8. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

I’ve never seen a fan in the stands at a bandits game start a chant counting goals. Also, dressing up like a moron happens at almost every single professional sporting event these days. Actually, watching the eagles game right now, I’ve seen a bunch.

9. Buffalo Fan

Buffalo Fan Member

As a Buffalo Bandits fan first I have always enjoyed attending Buffalo Bandits games and Buffalo Bisons games in Rochester. The Rochester fans that go to there games like yourself are wonderful it just not enough of them. But with that said reality Rochester isn't the sports city Buffalo is. Put aside the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres because that isn't a fair comparison. Even if those teams are out of the conversation Buffalo is a better sports city then Rochester. Reality no way in Buffalo would Buffalo fans be a afraid to attend a $35 million soccer stadium if Buffalo had that like Rochester. Because Rochester is scared even through it is down the street from the baseball stadium stuff like that would never happen in Buffalo. If New York State put $35 million dollar soccer stadium in Buffalo with beer Buffalo would fill it that stuff like that is the difference. Forget about Buffalo fan going all major league on Rochester fan look at the minor league and minor pro both the Bandits and Bisons outdraw Rochester Knighthawks and Red Wings in the same leagues by a lot. New York State mistake was building that soccer stadium in Rochester instead of Buffalo somewhere for soccer games and concerts. Rochester is just a bush league sports town with hundred excuses why they don't go to games. Champions with the Rochester Rhinos two years later the team folds with no Rochester businesses stepping up there support pathetic. Something like that would never happen in Buffalo that is the difference but with that said I enjoy Rochester but Rochester just isn't a very good sports town if one is going to compare it to Buffalo in my opinion. Let's Go Buffalo

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, cause the NLL really cares about PED usage. Look up "Ratcliff, Lewis" for further reading at your convenience.

11. AmericanRockFan

I grew up closer to Buffalo than I did to Rochester, so I'm usually on the Buffalo side of the Buffalo/Rochester rivalry, but let's see what happens to the Bisons when Bob Rich ultimately passes away. Coca-Cola Field is turning into a dump, and needs a lot of upgrades which unfortunately have yet to materialize.

12. AmericanRockFan

I've always felt that the Bandits rely on the Sabres to an extent. When the Sabres are playing well and drawing good/sellout crowds, suddenly a lot of the 18-34 demographic who wants something to do has to go to Bandits games because they've been priced out of Sabres games, or simply cause it's easier to get Bandits tickets than it is to get Sabres tickets.

13. AmericanRockFan

As for Knighthawks fans, I had an issue at a Rock/Knighthawks game in 2005 with some drunken arsehole but that was a rather isolated incident. Other than that, it's been pretty flawless except for last year when I got into it with a Knighthawks fan who wouldn't stop harassing this particular Bandits fan (the Knighthawks fan was some drunk 55-ish year old, the Bandits fan was a well-behaved 21-ish year old with his girlfriend) and I got in his face and told him to knock it off cause the kid was minding his own business. He didn't like that and yelled a whole lot of profanities at me as I walked away and then proceeded to find me outside the arena after the game to yell at me some more. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed on that one.

14. AmericanRockFan

This is definitely the case in the NLL. A comical moment for me happened at the Rock/Bandits game two weeks ago when the Bandits scored a goal to take the lead. This girl sitting near me tried to high five me. Thinking she was just being a wise ass, I smiled and good naturedly said "Later" and she kinda kept pressing the issue to the point I began thinking Wow, this woman really wants to be kinda a bitch about this, eh? before she pointed at my Rock scarf, put her hand over her mouth and yelled "SORRY! OMG SO SORRY! I DIDN'T REALIZE!! :oops:"

For what it's worth, after the Rock lost I walked over to her and said "You can have your high five now."

RockStar likes this.
  15. Wings-4-Life

Eagles games are a gold mine of stupidity. I much prefer watching them from my couch.

RockStar likes this.
  16. Wings-4-Life

This is done in many stadiums around the country, and certainly not limited to lacrosse.

17. RockStar

i guess something magical happens to the temperament of a crowd when many of them start crushing cans of cheap beer at 8am, and keep rolling until game time.

18. AmericanRockFan

Let's discuss why Bills fans have a fetish of getting in touch with their inner Dudley Boyz and crashing through tables during tailgate parties.

19. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Those are the lightweights. The REAL fans set themselves on fire first before jumping onto a table.

20. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I can't top that reply......