Game Thread: Buffalo at Saskatchewan 1/19

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo at Saskatchewan game thread. I'd like to be optimistic, but can't really see Buffalo winning this one. I'm thinking the stretch of 4 straight division games after will give us a good handle on what our playoff possibilities might be. Even at 2-4, with 9 division games left, Buffalo will have plenty of opportunity in the East.

2. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

True but I think in April we'll look back on last week's Stealth game and wish we would have had that game.

I wonder when the league will let us know if Crawford is suspended. Maybe 10 minutes prior to face off? :rolleyes:

3. anaconda

anaconda Member

Crawford will serve his suspension this Week vs Saskatchewan

4. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

For sure, that loss is a killer. It's like a double loss if everyone else beats VAN except you.

5. fandit

fandit Active Member

I don't think the loss to the Stealth will amount to anything at all. Unless it has to do with us having their 1st round pick. They are in a rebuild year and injuries are mounting. They face a 3 game road streak, 2 in the division, and they have yet to win a roadie. If they lose all 3, they will be 2-7
    So, to me, the Stealth loss, as bad as it looks now, is looking like just one of many in 2018. :(

6. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

reality check.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

There is no need to check reality.....if Sask doesn't lay a team-sized egg, they will win by four or better.

8. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

This is going to be a bloodbath.

9. chuckster

I guess that is one way to look at it. :D

10. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Active Member

This game is already over not 4 mins in lol...this team is still horrible.

11. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Down 4-0 after 4 minutes. This is going to be a long night.

12. fandit

fandit Active Member

Always good to get off to a fast start when you're on the road..................:eek:

13. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

your charlotte bandits

14. chuckster

I don't care what the Stealth or Roughneck record is but Buffalo is the worst team in the NLL right now. Buque is proving he is not the answer in goal and the rest of the team looks like they just started playing for the first time tonight. Everyone from the owner (who doesn't give rat's ass about this team) to the equipment guy should be totally embarrassed by what they're doing on the floor.

15. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

A good first shift by the Bandits, then yeah. Higgins is the best player for Buffalo so far tonight.

16. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

saunders needs to wake up

17. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Had this one chalked up as a loss anyway. Kirk playing great on top of the Rush machine-like ball movement. Might be worth giving Higgins a start a Rochester next week. Give the guy a chance and see what happens.

18. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

There is a reason he has been a healthy scratch the previous two games. With expansion and Buffalo having two first round picks, he is a likely candidate to be shipped out this summer if he does not improve.

19. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Matthews appears to have the hardest shot, at least on TV. Looks like a bullet.

20. chuckster

Sure but don't look pathetic while doing it. Is starting Higgins the coach and GM admitting the Buque trade was a mistake?