Game Thread: Buffalo at Saskatchewan 1/19

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

What a shocker. Good for Pat Saunders getting the winner since he's be scratched for a couple games.

2. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

WE. DON'T. SUCK.

3. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Absolutely unreal. I can’t believe they pulled that out.

4. LordStanley1893

LordStanley1893 Active Member

What a crazy game, nice to see the resilience by Buffalo. I'll have to watch the replay of this.

5. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

While I still think SASK is an unstoppable machine this year, this game shows the parity that exists in a 9 team league. Lose at home in OT to VAN one week, win at SASK in OT the next. Buffalo won in OT there 2 years ago too, I think. Buffalo had to pull out all the stops and get a little luck to pull out the miracle comeback. You never know from week to week in most games.

RockyMaivia likes this.
  6. bmb2jn

bmb2jn Member

Now all of a sudden we have a season.

Knighthawks slumping so hopefully another victory in 2 weeks.

7. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

this was evan kirk from last winter all over again. the game tightens and he melts.

8. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

We ought to do the Cowie/Gerrie technique, just like in the old days.

dougm likes this.
  9. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

coach les was captain hook when it came to those two

10. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like the Bandits read these two posts and decided to finally play some lacrosse. You're welcome, Banditland. :p:D

11. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Member

Congrats on the win, well deserved fighting from behind.

12. unspoken

unspoken Member

The rematch in March might be interesting. One thing you guys didn't get to see on the broadcast was that while the OT goal was being reviewed (which took several minutes), there was a discussion at center field with the two refs, Corbeil and a Bandits player (I'm pretty sure it was England). Eventually the refs walked away but the two players kept at it. From the body language it seemed like a pretty heated discussion, which was then joined by a few Bandits players and then a few Rush players. Wonder if anything will come of it or lead to some rough stuff in the March rematch in Buffalo.

13. fandit

fandit Active Member

ARE. YOU. SURE. ? :D

14. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

I went back and looked at the last two minutes of the game because someone asked me a question about why the rush game up possession so easy just prior to the goal that tied the game and I noticed something I have not seen talked about. Brownell took a shot with 46 seconds left that went off Kirks helmet and play was stopped briefly Kirk in the brief glimps we get of him sure looks to be concussed. Should the Rush and switched goalies for the final 46 seconds maybe the back up does not panic and heave the ball down the floor for the easy interception which lead to Buffalo's 15th goal.
    Also does anyone know if the NLL has a concussion protocol? and if so who makes the call to remove a player.

15. unspoken

unspoken Member

A trainer did come out and look at him. I think the shot might have just dented his mask.

16. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

I went back and watched the end......props to Higgins making the last second save on Keenan's open shot in regulation (Justin Martin whiffed big time on that) and then stopping 2 Matthews dive attempts in OT (the 1st was called a crease violation). IMO, there's a pretty good case to be made to have Higgins start the next game.

I don't know what the Rush defense was doing on the goal by Byrne but he had time and space to walk in a few feet, plant his feet and fire the ball. And then in OT on Saunders' goal, the Rush defender left Saunders alone in front to go double team Harris.

And credit to Chugger for going out and getting Vaughn Harris, who is also taking draws with Fraser out. 4 goals in 2 games is not too shabby.

17. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

there is always a case to start Higgins after a starring role off the bench. he just seems to under perform in that role.

18. wacklax

wacklax Active Member

That is all part of a goalies maturation process. Get used to it over the next few years.