Game Thread: Buffalo at Toronto 12/30

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo at Toronto 12/30. Buffalo 1-1; Toronto 0-2 entering tonight.

2. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Buffalo looked good in the first game, but appears to have no defense or goaltending still. 10 against and not even halftime. The penalties Toronto took are the only thing keeping Buffalo in this game.

3. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Buque pulled again. Not good.

4. Komarem

Komarem Guest

Why is Higgins wearing Diruschio’s #? Did David get let go?

5. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Defense and goaltending are horrendous for the 2nd game in a row.

6. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

My guess would be they didn't have a giant goalie size jersey on short notice so he's wearing 65 for now.

7. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

This is going to be a rough season if this continues to say the least.

8. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Callum Crawford is awesome to watch.

Also, I feel like Josh Byrne has been kinda invisible tonight.

9. chuckster

Buffalo gave up 20.....again. So much for optimism after the home opener.

If this keeps up, the Fire Troy call and maybe the Fire Steve call will get much louder.....and it will fall on deaf ears.

10. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Someone said it on wastebook - you let your Captain and arguably your best lefty defenceman go, and, then, you don't draft any, and don't make a splash in the free agent pool........

Even with the Rock's 9 goals flattering Buffalo's D, they did give up 55 shots, many of them good looks........score was only single digits due to crummy selection, crummy execution, and, Buque's larceny.

11. mtbf

mtbf Well-Known Member

Buffalo had two true defenders last season and cut one with no replacement how did Dietrich think this was going to go?

RockStar likes this.
  12. Hollywood42

Hollywood42 Well-Known Member

Brock is fitting in nicely on NE and thorimbert has found a nice home here as well
    We thank you chugger

13. chuckster

Larceny? He went from a 9 GAA and 86 save% to a 15.91 GAA and 72 save%. The only thing he appears to be stealing is any chance at victory from the rest of the team. Maybe his goalie coach needs to coach him more.....wait, that's Cosmo. Never mind....

14. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Another blow out loss at home next week against a team that can’t score goals, and yeah you’ll start to hear people calling for heads to roll. Enough is enough at some point.

15. RockStar

that paragraph in my post was only about week one.

Rock O outplayed Buffalo, but Buque did his job really well that night.

16. AmericanRockFan

No kidding. If not for Buque, that cute Bandits fan who insisted I give her a high five might have been high fiving me after the game that night.

And possibly enjoying a Buque of her own :D

17. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

I listed to Dietrich during his halftime interview with John Gurtler. He had some interesting comments:
    • Mentioned that Buque likely would have wanted a couple of those first half goals back but he felt the goalies weren't getting much help from the defense.
    • He felt the defense was getting caught pressuring players along the boards leaving the inside wide open too often.
    • High praise for Craig England for his work
    • He had some blunt comments regarding Dhane Smith. He said that Dhane needs to get his nose dirty if his shots aren't falling. He mentioned that he has to "readapt" now that the other teams have learned his tendencies from the past couple years. He mentioned that he can't just keep taking bad shots from the outside. He also mentioned that Dhane wanted the "A" so now he needs to lead by example by adapting and changing his game if the other teams have gotten a handle on what Dhane usually wants to do.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  18. AmericanRockFan

Kinda makes me wonder if there's some sort of beef between Chugger and Dhane Smith....

19. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Those words you put in bold are my words, not Chugger's exact words--I was paraphrasing; But he did mention that he wanted the A, so the gist was that now Dhane needs to step up and lead by example if other teams are shutting him down offensively.

Note: I edited my original post to avoid any confusion.

Dhane did end up with 7 points by the end of the night (2+5). But it's likely that after the 72 goal season, teams have also figured out some of his tendencies.

20. RockStar

I think they figured out his tendencies halfway through the record breaking season, but, it was more a case that he was so dominant physically, that they couldn't stop him anyway......I mean, ****, you can triple team him, but, he had Josh Sanderson/Dan Dawson assist numbers to go with the insane goal total! He didn't playmake in the same way, but, he read the floor better than most of the other draw-and-dump guys this league has ever seen.

I think he's come off the injury, and, he's like 5/10/15/whatever % less dominant than he used to be, and, that takes him from heing a 70g/140p kind of guy to a more human 40/90.......which is still top 3 on pretty well any team, it just ain't league top 1.