1. Our Privacy Policy and User Agreement have changed. By using or registering on any portion of this site, you agree to our updated User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Thread: Rochester at Buffalo 4/28

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Apr 28, 2018.

1. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Fire Troy. He has to go.

BanditsRock11 likes this.
  2. chuckster

They almost did climb out of the hole, even with the 5 minute major and Vinc in net. But that was killer by Brownell and there was no reason for the hit.

3. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

I just KNEW losing to the worst team in the league would come back and bite us in the a** in the end.

4. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Yeah, that penalty was a brutal move by Brownell at the worst possible time. Down 2 if they get next one they could have had a few minutes to push for the tie. Instead, they had to try to pull off the short handed miracle.

5. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

For sure, considering everyone else beat Van, it's like losing a full game to the whole league.

6. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I don't understand what he was thinking at the end of the game. Why didn't they get the goalie back in net and pressure the K Hawks to try to get the ball back? Instead they basically concede the game by leaving the net open and giving Rochester the easy score. There was 30+ seconds when Rochester got the ball back.

7. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

at that stage, if you don't get the ball back quickly, you don't get any time with the ball......might as well press hard with six runners and hope for a mistake.

8. chuckster

When the Hawks scored the empty net goal, I was surprised too that Troy didn't send Higgins back out on the transition. I was also surprised he didn't challenge the 2 goals in the 4th that were waved off by the ref -- 1 was on a shot clock violation (it was close) and the other was on a crease violation call.

9. chuckster

Winning that game puts the Bandits at 9-9. NE is 9-8 and would have forced them in a must-win today since Buffalo has the tiebreaker over NE. It would have at least made NE sweat a little today.

I also look at the game in Colorado where they lost 8-7. Scoring 9 would have won them that game, too.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda gets you nowhere.....