Game Thread: Vancouver at Buffalo 1/13

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bandits Forum' started by Rick716, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Vancouver at Buffalo 1/13 game thread. Must win for Buffalo, if only because Vancouver is 0-4 and they have their next three at Sask, Roc, and NE.

2. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

Buffalo's shaky left D might be just the thing to get Duch going.

Or, more likely, the Stealth will just get shitpumped again.

3. Mr0and4

Mr0and4 Guest

Pretty cozy in Buffalo, can't remember the last time I was here. The charter from the west coast was nice, and we got here before the weather got bad.

Mr.0and5 will be watching this game on a monitor from the bowels of the KeyBankCenter, waiting if it's time for him to reappear.

See ya later, Stealth fans.

4. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

if the goaltending ever gets 75%, then the stealth have a chance.

5. fandit

fandit Active Member

Welcome back, Mr Oand4, these boards have missed you..................you too, Mr Oand 5! Hope you guys are around for a while!

6. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Mitch jones has been a ghost, what’s wrong with him? The bandits shot selection has been absolutely putrid tonight. This looks like a stupid loss at home with a tough road stretch ahead. Yikes.

7. BanditsRock11

BanditsRock11 Well-Known Member

Also we have to be the worst franchise ever in overtime. Someone fact check that, but it has to be true. Horrible loss.

8. New Fan

New Fan Active Member

Looks like the Stealth somehow recovered from the beating they took last week. Bandits must be pissed they lost st home to a team that gave up 24 goals last week. Oh what a difference when you get goaltending.

9. BigDave

BigDave Active Member

WE. SUCK.

10. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Just imagine if you hadn't beaten the Rock on opening night.

11. RockStar

by the scoresheet, Duch didn't have a super exceptional night, but, in one game, he tripled the number of goals he had through four games.

Lefties won this one - Small and Schuss with majority of team goal output themselves.

12. Komarem

Komarem Guest

I can’t put this one on Buque. He was awesome in the first quarter. If not we lose by a few in regulation. I also thought the D was solid tonight. Problem is, why are some of our better forwards disappearing for whole games? Crawford and Durston follow up great games with quiet nights. Mitch and Byrne scores big goals at the end, but where were they all night? I know it’s early in the season, but Byrne is going to have to be better than his one goal per game pace to justify going first overall.

13. Komarem

Komarem Guest

Also, Dhane scores 2 goals in the first 2 minutes of the game and I’m thinking here comes a five goal night. Then, crickets the rest of the night.

14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

If not Byrne, who else would you have taken first overall? It's not like any of the other first round picks are kicking serious arse through the first 5 weeks of the season.

15. Komarem

Komarem Guest

Byrne was the right choice, im just saying I that expected to see a little more.

16. RockStar

as far as rookies go, Craig might end up with better numbers than Byrne by the end of the year, but......no one in the NLL was taking him over Byrne in this draft. That pick was a later round gamble that ended up giving very pleasant surprise results......but, only after they moved the vet that started the year to make room

i think Byrne was the right pick and I think he will put in a decent year.

17. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Yes, you must be right. I think of this whenever Buffalo goes to overtime. It seems like they've lost a lot of OT games over the years.

18. Rick716

Rick716 Active Member

Well, this loss really hurts as they had an 0-4 team down 3-0 in their own building. I'm fearing it could get ugly with the upcoming trip. They could easily go into the NE game at 2-5. I can't see any way they win in Sask. and games in Rochester have been a nightmare for them year after year.

19. tydoggz

tydoggz Member

Anyone have any idea why we got a delay of game to start second half....

20. Torbald2895

Torbald2895 Member

Because we lost the challenge at the end of the half and didn't have a timeout because we used it with 6 or so seconds left in the half.