Gear

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Wings Forum' started by swami24, Feb 22, 2018.

1. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I do not get the Wings online store. They have a lot of great looking stuff, but they must not have expected the original order volume. It has been months since any other than small sizes have been available for many products.

Geez, if things sellout that fast, order more from your supplier. Isn't that simple business? Comcast should want to advance the small amount of cash needed to resupply the online store.

IAmDroot likes this.
  2. Wings-4-Life

Wings-4-Life Well-Known Member

I'd order bigger if you can, when you decide to. I got a t-shirt that was an XXL and it "fits". It's certainly not big on me.

3. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I am not surprised they went thin on the first several wholesale orders for merchandise........after taking the initial season ticket pledges, there is no point wasting much time and resources on any kind of serious advertising push until you're done pushing Flyers and Sixers season seats and flex packs......like late September .

Still, I would have over-ordered the shirts and replica jerseys by a bit at the get go......Would kind of like to have a couple racks and a couple shelves in the big store at the rink for the open of hockey/basketball pre-season, so, will need shtt to go on those racks.

4. Wings-4-Life

They've been pimping at Flyers games recently, even giving away things to "lucky rows".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. swami24

I forgot w4life's sizing complaint. That may have something to do with it. Supplier contract could be an issue.

I do like that the wings have offered free flyers tix twice. The way the flyers are playing now I don't expect that again thus year!

FYi, long time flyers sths are getting the opportunity to start games by saying "are you ready for some hockey!" Lil swami and i are doing that 3/12 vs vegas. I will be wearing my Wings hat that night.

6. RockStar

No matter what else they are doing, or not doing, prominent presence at Flyers games this season is key to any marketing push.

I wish this team zero success on the floor, but, I am happy that a lot of Wings 2.0 fans that are still local and still interested can have a chance to see live lacrosse again.

7. Wings-4-Life

Hey, **** you too. :D

RockStar likes this.
  8. swami24

I wish the Rock plenty of success on the floor, so that they can be destroyed in the conference finals in Philly.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  9. Wings-4-Life

Mmmmm 2001. So delicious.

10. RockStar

that was the only time they beat Toronto in a final.....because it was the only time they got a sniff at a final in Toronto's entire history.

most of the time a playoff meeting was a size 13-2 bump on the way to a title

11. swami24

Pish.... it still tastes sweet 17 years later.

12. Wings-4-Life

Right!?!?

And now that the Eagles discovered the path to immortality, we never have to worry about a Philly team ever losing again! (now 16-0-1 since the Super Bowl)

13. swami24

Checked the Wings twitter and website, and there is new stuff up there, with multiple sizes.

One thing is gear with an alternate logo, basically half.of the new one. Don't Loken that idea at all when you are trying to brand.

14. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Looks like it's supposed to be a P to me. Personally, I don't mind them selling gear with an alternate logo, it exposes more of the brand.

15. swami24

No way! You have a team that hasn't played and needs to spread brand. There should only be one front.

16. swami24

Also, the new shirts are made by a different company, "Levelwear."

17. rnsykes

rnsykes Active Member

was at the Flyers Skate Zone last night and they had a selection of Wings shirts, hoodies and Hats. More than I expected. Also, their turf field is all decked out in Wings banners and logos everywhere. They have nicer turn than they play on at the WF center

18. swami24

I have had two people ask me what team my wings hat was for. So that makes it seem that the logo is eyecatching.