General 2017 Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

I figured I'd make this thread to keep current news separate from my ticket sales/stats thread.

Anyhow, the Rock moved Sorensen and Evans back to the active roster and put MacDonald and Caputo on the practice squad. I liked Caputo, and didn't like MacDonald, but I don't know who I'd pick Caputo over for the main roster right now.

2. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

Very happy to see Sorensen back

3. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

Finally Brock is Back!!!

4. AmericanRockFan

I'm eager to see Brock back in action too. Now I really hope it's McArdle who gets benched in favor of Evans instead of Reinholdt getting scratched.

5. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

I def want Reinholdt, but, im not sure I want Evans instead of McArdle......Evans has a better box IQ, but, McArdle is more athletic and is like an energizer bunny out there.

Maybe we can have both. Now that Beirnes is back, Lintner does not need to be in both games.......go with four lefties, three righties, and nine D for the road game, then, figure out the best way to reload for the home game.

6. AmericanRockFan

I'm probably letting McArdle's terrible game in Buffalo sway my opinion more than it should. Just at the very least, play Reinholdt.

7. RockStar

(or since the 5v5 keeps running into hot goalies that it cannot solve, go 10 defence and play it old school uptempo as hell.....Merrill, Gamble, Harris, Edwards, Sorenson looks like the core of a run and gun D, and, if you can force the likes of Staats and Thomsons to sprint back and try to help cover, maybe they won't be as effective.....will never happen, but, damn, wouldnt it be fun to watch someone actually try this again!)

8. RockStar

They went with "my" lineup - Lintner out, Sorenson in......but, I was not thrilled with McArdle tonight.

Don't actually know the lefty D corps for Van, but, if they're less deep than the righties, maybe McArdle out, Lintner in tomorrow.

Nailbiter, but, character win to turn it on in the fourth and steal one back.

9. 30seconds

30seconds Member

Torontos GA is very low compared to the rest of the leagues. I was looking at the player stats last night against Vancouver. Our goals/assists are very spread out among the team. Where as with Vancouver the majority of their points seem to come from three playsers

Duch has a scary good shot!

Roseeee has more points than 6 players on our team and is one point behind Harris!

10. Rock Rulz

Rock Rulz Member

The lineup put out Saturday night has a nice balance of rookies and veterans, all with good energy levels and willing to go inside to shoot.
    Nothing drives me crazier than a shot early in the shot clock from the restraining line or further, then wind sprints back to the bench to let the D on the floor!

11. RockStar

Please do not tell me that Sawyer is scouting and gameplanning just based on the horseshit I write here ;)

Could have used a little tension in the game, but, nice to just beat a team and cruise to a home win. Too rare this year.

12. AmericanRockFan

I haven't had a chance to watch either game from this weekend yet, but it's nice to see Reid Reinholdt showing everyone why I excessively pump his tires on here.

Even though one's a lefty and one's a righty, I'm pretty kosher with the club rotating McArdle and Lintner in and out of the lineup based on what the team needs. Between the two, I really like Lintner cause he seems to be the Cole Beasley of the Rock.

13. AmericanRockFan

Useless trivia for Friday night's game in Vancouver: The Rock have never lost to the Vancouver Stealth, going 7-0 overall and are 3-0 playing in Vancouver against the Stealth.

Even more useless trivia: The Rock are 12-1 all-time against a team from Vancouver (Stealth and the Ravens) and are 5-1 all-time playing in Vancouver.

Further useless trivia: The Rock are 13-3 all-time in regular season action against the Albany/San Jose/Washington/Vancouver franchise, including a record of 5-1 on the road versus that franchise.

Nonetheless, Friday night seems like a trap game to me so hopefully the Rock come out of the gate strong.

RockStar likes this.
  14. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

15. AmericanRockFan

I see what you did there :cool:

I'm just a guy who has too much spare time sometimes, likes his useless trivia, and likes passing it along to other people who might like useless trivia.

16. AmericanRockFan

So, Patrick Merrill has been activated and Brock Sorensen has been put on the IR again, although it sounds like Brock could be good to go for Sunday's game.

Also, the team put Connor Buczek on the holdout list, which I don't necessarily understand because I thought he was already on the practice squad so why does it matter if he can't go on Friday due to personal commitments?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  17. RockStar

The almighty Sak, the Elvin Deity who reigns at the top of the ivory tower in Conshohoken PA, moves in strange and mysterious ways my friend.

Professional NLL list manipulation is not for mere mortals like us to comprehend.

dougm likes this.
  18. k-hawksfan33

k-hawksfan33 Active Member

No help from Toronto again for the Hawks :/ I know lacrosse is a game of runs but going from 6-1 to 6-8 should absolutely never happen. I could honestly see Toronto and Rochester golfing together come May if NE and Buff can churn out a few clutch wins.

19. AmericanRockFan

I haven't been able to watch the past few games due to traveling, but I will say that this 2017 Rock team is reminding me a lot of the 2010 team in that they had a young team with low expectations, who then got off to a hot start (2010 they started 6-1, this year it was 4-1), then hit a stumbling block (in 2010, they fell to 6-6, won 2, lost 1, and won 1 to finish 9-7) like how this year's team has gone 3-6 in the last 9.

I'd like to think this year's squad can finish 9-9, which had you told me that would be reasonable before the first game of the year I'd probably have taken it. But given the way they looked at 5-2, now I'd be pretty bummed. I hope they can finish the year 10-8, but unfortunately I'm thinking 9-9 or even 8-10 is more likely. I just would really like to see Georgia beat Buffalo this weekend to make the last game of the year in Buffalo a lot less meaningful.

30seconds likes this.
  20. 30seconds

30seconds Member

Agreed with this!

Side note.. is rockstar actually banned?!