General 2017 Rock Thread

Discussion in 'Toronto Rock Forum' started by AmericanRockFan, Mar 22, 2017.

1. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

For reasons I'm unsure of, apparently RockStar was banned which is bizarre since he's definitely not a douche nor does he swear on here anymore than any other poster does. But with that said, I'm sure he's still smurfing around here somewhere.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

...deleted...

3. 30seconds

30seconds Member

I always found he added good points to the conversation. For a forum that is slowly dieing for multiple reasons banning significant contributors is probably not the best idea. I obviously missed something but I look forward for him to return under a different alias :p

smurf666 likes this.
  4. AmericanRockFan

I'm sure he's already smurfing all the smurf on here, if you know what I'm saying.

5. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

rockstar will likely be back after the one month sentence is served

6. Wingsfan23

Wingsfan23 Member

Hollywood42 will return 6/11/17

7. AmericanRockFan

Maybe you can start producing some sort of pro wrestling style return vignettes for this?

8. AmericanRockFan

I guess your deleted post won't be getting a ton of Media Coverage here.

9. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Don't be blue, you will not have a devil of time figuring things out.

smurf666 likes this.
  10. AmericanRockFan

I see what you did there...

smurf666 likes this.
  11. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

for whatever it is worth, Rockstar enjoys pretty well all of the regular and occasional contributors here.

Decent discussion, as objective as fans can be, and no one is making anything personal.

I know that Rockstar made a point of not making stuff personal....if he did not like a decision, or a result he said so. now, a few Fs may have been uttered, but, they were also generally not personal, and if that was such a big deal, you would think that the auto-mod script could be activatd

just a little confused about why some stroker could not let us continue to self-moderate.

12. AmericanRockFan

Milestones to look for this weekend:
    • Stephan Leblanc (247) and Kasey Beirnes (245) jockey for position for 3rd all-time in goals
    • Brodie Merrill (477) passing Phil Sanderson (478) for 15th all-time in loose balls
    • Damon Edwards (147) tying Rob Marshall (149) for 9th all-time in penalty minutes
    • Tom Schreiber (82) moving into the top 20 all-time for points (needs to pass Kaleb Toth - 85; Rob Marshall - 86)

Pretty weak list for this week but before the end of the season, here's a couple other things to take notice of:
    • Jeff Gilbert is 2 games away from becoming the 12th player to play 100 games for the Rock
    • Patrick Merrill is 1 game away from becoming the 7th player to play 150 games for the Rock
    • Brett Hickey is 8 goals (104) away from tying Dan Stroup (112) for 9th all-time
    • Sandy Chapman is 3 assists (76) away from tying Kim Squire and Dan Stroup (79) for 12th all-time
    • Stephan Leblanc (588) is 12 points away from becoming the 4th player to record 600 points for the Rock
    • Stephan Leblanc (632) and Jesse Gamble (628) jockey for 7th all-time in loose balls
    • Patrick Merrill (596) and Kasey Beirnes (595) jockey for 9th all-time in loose balls, and becoming one of the few to record 600 loose balls for the Rock
    • Brodie Merrill (477) is 23 loose balls away from becoming the 15th player to record 500 loose balls for the Rock
    Barring some sort of unforeseen and unprecedented offensive outburst in the next two games, that's probably it for milestones and players moving up the career leaders ladder this season.

13. My original account was banned for some reason too, not sure why.

14. AmericanRockFan

Welcome back. Nice to see you were able to crack this message board's incredibly tough security system and sneak back into this joint :cool:

smurf666 likes this.
  15. 9SQUIRE3

9SQUIRE3 Active Member

hahaha such tough security!!!

16. AmericanRockFan

So as long as the Rock win one of their last two games, that'll clinch a playoff spot correct? Of course, the Bandits and Knighthawks could just lose tomorrow too to make it easier for the Rock :p

17. AmericanRockFan

So, the Rock have clinched a spot right? They'd lose a tiebreaker to New England, but win one over Rochester, plus Buffalo isn't able to pass them in the standings. There's not an x next to Toronto on the NLL standings on the website, but I think they're pretty much in now.

18. chuckster

chuckster Well-Known Member

Vin ran the scenario in another thread....the Rock could still end in 4th through tiebreakers if this happened:

NBW loses to VAN, TOR loses to BUF, ROC defeats GEO twice.
    In this case, NBW, ROC, TOR all finish 8-10. In this scenario, NBW = E2, ROC = E3, TOR = E4. This is because, in the H2H among the 3 teams, NBW is 4-2, ROC is 3-4, TOR is 2-3. Since ROC's winning percentage (0.4286) is higher than TOR's (0.4000), ROC = E3 > TOR = E4.

19. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

I think Rochester has to win out, have the Rock lose, and get other help.

Rock are all but in, whether they deserve it or not

20. AmericanRockFan

I just want Georgia to beat Rochester on Friday night to make Saturday's game less meaningful. Mind you, they'll still need to win (and have New England lose) to finish second but I'll be far less anxious at the game if the Rock already have a playoff spot locked up.