give the NLL credit when credit is due

Discussion in 'NLL News and Rumors' started by BenDMitchell, May 22, 2017.

1. BenDMitchell

BenDMitchell Member

I watched both playoff games this weekend on my Apple TV and I could not be happier with the league and NLL TV. Both games streams were flawless and the picture was practically HD. With all the bashing of the league and NLL TV that has gone on here, you have to give the league props for putting on a perfect presentation. Hopes are high for the quality they can achieve for next year. All in all, a perfect weekend of NLL lacrosse.

2. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the viewing quality was great for big games.

3. BenDMitchell

BenDMitchell Member

I'm not overstating this but it was just like watching on TV.

4. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

picture and streaming quality were fine.

camera work in Georgia sucked donkey balls, and the commentators should have been singing the scarecrow's song from the Wizard of Oz.

they should be ashamed that potential fans may have seen that fiasco.

Snider4theWin likes this.
  5. BenDMitchell

BenDMitchell Member

Come on, you are being a little harsh. The color guy in Georgia, Brian Silcot, is extremely good and knows more about the game than pretty much anybody I've heard.

6. Snider4theWin

Snider4theWin Member

Haven't seen any playoff games due to work
    The replays on demand still suck farts

7. Snider4theWin

Snider4theWin Member

I hate you so much right now mike!
    I took a second job at an arcade and if you've been in one with your kids lately the newest game is a wizard of oz game you shoot coins to drop tokens and cards
    But all the audio is , is
    Follow follow follow follow follow the yellow brick road then the instrumental ahhhhhh I hear it in my damn sleep

RockStar likes this.
  8. RockStar

RockStar Well-Known Member

The play by play was bloody awful. the colour was better, but still a little inane at times.

The camera work and the directorship were even worse than the play by play

9. unspoken

unspoken Member

The NLL TV feed was horrible for me. Froze every 15-30 seconds. Then I remembered the Twitter feed, switched to that and had no issues.

There must have been two production crews working. The NLL TV feed had Georgia's usual yellow scoreboard at the top of the screen while the Twitter feed had the usual one used on Twitter games.

10. Winger86

Winger86 Member

Woot, woot! The NLL has finally reached the year 2010.

11. swami24

swami24 Well-Known Member

I guess Ben D had watched.previous games on 300 baud, and saw it in dsl this time?

12. AmericanRockFan

AmericanRockFan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I thought the Georgia stream was fine. I had heard horror stories about their feeds this year, but I was pleasantly surprised not to have any random buffering issues and I thought the announcers were actually pretty solid.

13. smurf666

smurf666 Guest

They missed the fact that Rose had been swapped in after Miller was chased for several minutes.

One of them proved they really did not know much about the Rock, their players, their roles on a number of occasions, e.g. Damon Edwards is pushing the ball up the floor and there was a comment along the lines of "this is not his usual role".....o_O

Maybe they were watching the same sschtty video that I was, which would have made it hard.

But, yeah, despite being far from the worst I have ever heard, it was not stellar.

14. AmericanRockFan

Yeah, that part was brutal...

Being in the US, I have to watch so many Leafs and Jays games on the other team's feed that stuff like this doesn't even faze me anymore so I didn't even notice these comments. I just come to expect it when I have the other team's feed.

15. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Active Member

I heard that one about Edwards as well. I wonder what he thinks Edwards's usual role is.

It's funny how the eastern broadcasters aren't as good as the western ones (possible exception: because I'm always at Toronto home games, I don't know what their broadcasters are like). Gurtler from Buffalo frequently gets names wrong, Driscoll from Rochester is such a homer it's not funny, the Swarm guy seems to get things wrong a lot too (though both Drew Petkoff and Brian Silcott do a good job), and the New England guys talk over each other all the time.

Meanwhile, you have the great combos of Elliott/Challoner in Vancouver, Jenner/Shewchuk in Colorado, Farhall/Ballantine in Calgary, and Thomas/Guerin in Saskatchewan.

16. AmericanRockFan

I think that Andy McNamara and Brian Shanahan are an okay team, but I prefer the western division feeds as well when it comes to announcers.

If I has to rank the eastern division feeds, I'd rank them as follows:

1) Toronto
    2) Buffalo
    3) Georgia
    4) New England
    5) Rochester

Although I don't think the top 3 feeds really are that different from one another. I put Toronto first cause I like Shanahan's analysis, especially during the stoppages of play.

17. Snider4theWin

Snider4theWin Member

I enjoy vancouvers crew
    Can't stand Toronto what so ever
    I like buffalos because gurtler is so bad it's actually good
    New England's are marginal
    Ripper is intolerable

18. AmericanRockFan

Personally, I'm not a big Andy McNamara fan as a play by play guy. I've just grown less tolerant of his yelling and such at exciting moments (which is odd, cause you'd think I'd like the announcer to be excited when it's exciting...). Maybe it's the fact that I usually have to turn the Rock feed audio way up in order to hear it....then when he starts yelling it smashes my ear drums :mad:

19. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

So we DID have a Twitter feed for the playoffs?
    I didn't see that mentioned at the NLL site. I would have promoted the games to friends who don't have NLLTV.

Sometimes (... oftentimes) this league really needs to get its **** together.
    Doug is right: Content is King.

20. Vin

Vin Well-Known Member

Who is "Ripper"? Is that Craig Rybczinski with Rochester?

If it's not, what do you think of Craig?
    I love the guy. I've listened to WHAM stream feeds just to hear him call a KHawks game.